Ring Lord
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 8

Ring Lord
Posted on Mon Apr 07, 2003 2:00 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Hey for all of yous out there that have ordered from the ring lord how long does it take to get your stuff. It will be two weeks tommarow from when I placed the order, 12 shipping days. How much longer does poor lee have to wait to make some rivited maille Sad.

Lee

SPQR!

Submissions: 10

Posted on Mon Apr 07, 2003 4:04 am

Can?t speak for the lord, but seams a universal complaint. Ordering anything related to maille is a exercise in patients.

experience is a good teacher, not a kind one.

Posted on Mon Apr 07, 2003 4:30 am

At leat I got alot of brass wire Smile.

Lee

SPQR!

Submissions: 9

Posted on Mon Apr 07, 2003 4:31 am

hals7x,

If you did not rush your order expect it to take three weeks. If the material was not already in stock then it will take even longer. Just the way international shipping works.

Peace,

Matt

'Tis true my form is something odd,
But blaming me is blaming God;
Could I create myself anew
I would not fail in pleasing you.
If I could reach from pole to pole
Or grasp the ocean with a span,
I would be measured by the soul;
The mind's the standard of the man.
- Joseph Carey Merrick, "The Elephant Man"

Submissions: 0

TRL orders
Posted on Mon Apr 07, 2003 11:02 pm

To be perfectly frank, I sent in my order on the 15th of last month (March 15) and it's april 7th. I was origionally assured that everything I ordered was indead in stock, and that it would ship in good time. Then it didn't ship in 5 days like the TRL site says most orders ship in, then it was supposed to ship last monday, didn't ship, sent order status request, I was promised that the rings that where causing the holdup (the one's I was origionally assured where in stock) would be ready on this last friday, and be sent out that friday. I didn't get the UPS email like I was supposed to on saturday night(this last saturday), so I sent an email, it's monday, haven't go a responce yet, or a UPS email. So, going on 24 days, plus the 1 week of UPS shipping. I had plans for the rings, like 2 week plans that where supposed to start around now, based on the 5 day (gave myself a 2 day window of error) shipping, and the 1 week of ups shipping. It's going to be running on 1 week plus however long from now it's going to take to ship the rings, and I have orders from people that are now on hold. So I'm currently a little peeved. "75% of orders ship within 5 business days" I guess I'm in that 25%.

Sorry, didn't mean to go on like that. In short, batten down the hatches for the long run and wait. Keep in contact with them every now and then to make sure they don't forget about you.

Posted on Mon Apr 07, 2003 11:07 pm

I ordered from the Ring Lord UPS aswell. They got it to the ups people in a very short amount of time. I got the ups email saying they had it.....but they took about 3 extra days to get it to me. UPS mess up, not TRL's. But still, it was only 3ish days later than it was supposed to.

The road to happyness was torn down to make space for a corporate giant.

Methinks
Posted on Mon Apr 07, 2003 11:19 pm

I think you got lucky, ups is currently the least of my worries, but to be perfectly fair to everyone at TRL's shop, it's not like thier trying to make the order late or not have the rings done, I'm just abnormally freakish about timing things, I time everyone done to the last minute, so delays grate on my nerves. I don't want to discourage anyone from ordering from TRL, I'm sure my order will ship soon enough.

Submissions: 1

Posted on Mon Apr 07, 2003 11:21 pm

Ordering from The Ring Lord is often a test of patience. Just be aware that the more different types of rings you order the longer it takes. My last order took 3 months. To be fair It did however have about 30 different types of rings involved.

I've made 6 orders from TRL and none of them have arrived in less than 1 month. As I am planning ahead, I am not in all that much of a hurry.

Posted on Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:22 am

Arrrrrr. Thats crazy. I ordered just an assortment of anodized al. rings and a rivit puncher and setter. Now thinking in retro spect I would have been better off just makeing the puncher and setter my self. Sad

Lee

SPQR!

Submissions: 9

Posted on Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:50 am

Hey all,

Ordering rings from a separate company, especially one that deals with such a high volume and high customer base, is bound to be overloaded with orders. I never trust any form of mail order system simply because of all of the problems that could arise. I hope that all of your orders arrive as you would like them to.

Peace,

Matt

'Tis true my form is something odd,
But blaming me is blaming God;
Could I create myself anew
I would not fail in pleasing you.
If I could reach from pole to pole
Or grasp the ocean with a span,
I would be measured by the soul;
The mind's the standard of the man.
- Joseph Carey Merrick, "The Elephant Man"

Submissions: 17

Posted on Tue Apr 08, 2003 10:42 am

I got my rings in from TRL in reasonable time. You're a maille maker, you should know how to be patient. :D

Maille code: V1.0 T7.2 R5.1 Fe4.1 MAl.a Wc$ Cabe$ G1.5/0.6 I9.5/1.4 Pj Dacdjs S84
andrew.ragland@gmail.com

Posted on Wed Apr 09, 2003 1:10 pm

The one week UPS isn't of much use. Once my order got to UPS, shipping was 8 working days. The rush order, however, had my rings out the door within 2 days. I ordered on a Sunday and they shipped either Monday or Tuesday.

As for how long it takes TRL to package and ship some orders, think about it, they only have a handful of employees and fill several hundred orders a month.

Submissions: 1

Posted on Wed Apr 09, 2003 3:18 pm

TRL may be bad for internationals... but it may be different for Canadians? From experience, it's nice to see a canadian company dealing in such attire and merchandice, it IS a speciality good.

Also... I get my stuff from Texas, it usually takes 6 business days to get myself any number of rings. This guy will ship 12 pounds or more for free, and has an amazing selection. Galvy Steel costs 5$ american per pound, while stainless, aluminum and brass cost 10 dollars per pound. While buying in quanitities in 12 pounds, the shipping is free, it's the best deal that i've ever seen.

Get it in 4-10 business days, and it's never gone over for my shipments. Do an EBAY user search for 'Guain', when you speak with him, tell him that Spider sent ya, and every 24 pounds purchased by people that i send his way, i get a free pound of Galvy. BTW: his name is Kevin Nowlin, and he's a great feller Wink

I pat your back, you pat mine, eh? Smile

Just thought you may like to know.

Merry meet and merry part,
Bright the blessings, warm the heart.
- Wiccan Rede

Posted on Wed Apr 09, 2003 8:06 pm

It might also be the way your paying. I know for checks it could just take a week to make sure it is valid.

This is the best saying ever:

"If at first you don't succeed, maybe skydiving isn't for you!"
-unknown

Posted on Thu Apr 10, 2003 3:20 am

Lore Caster- You might want to try and see if you have an Ace hardwear around you. I get all my galvy wire from them and its alot cheaper then what your talking about. Its 10 bucks for 940' (16ga.) and you dont pay shipping. For 14 ga. I got 6000' for 80 bucks, again no shipping. It takes about 1-3 weeks, ususally around 2

Lee

SPQR!

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 2. Goto page 1, 2  Next