What size should I use for dragonscale with rubber rings
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 0

What size should I use for dragonscale with rubber rings
Posted on Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:16 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

So here I am, making a kit for my wife while visiting my folks, when my mother makes a comment about how feminine the thing looks. Now granted, I've never been one to have a big thing about needing to prove my masculinity, but at the same time I don't love having people comment on it all the time either. So I'm thinking, "ya know what? I haven't done a lot of weaves with different size rings yet, time to make some dragonscale."

I also like the idea of using rubber rings from TRL to make a continuous stretchy cuff and have no clasp. So within the constraints of using something currently available at TRL in black EPDM for the smaller rings, and also achieving a more thick weave (which shouldn't really be an issue for dragonscale, but for what it's worth) - does anyone have a recommendation on a pair of ring sizes I should use?

For what it's worth I liked that weave from the kit I bought and bought some colors that I like and am making one for myself. I'll post pics of my projects later, after I find a place to host them.

Submissions: 0

Posted on Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:09 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

you know, I've been looking for two days (causally, not seriously digging) for suggestions specifically including rubber and just looking at things tagged dragonscale couldn't find anything that was rubber and listed the ring sizes. But after giving up and posting I accidentally ran across this. Looks nice, I'm doing that. Now to pick some colors and materials.

http://www.mailleartisans.org/gallery/gallerydisplay.php?key=6795

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1