Newsletter
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Requests

Submissions: 20

Posted on Sat Jan 01, 2000 5:00 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Don't you think that would be a good idea?

What do you think?

Yeah, I dunno what happened there but my hyperlink to M.A.I.L. forwarded me nowhere and that for months.

I tried to find the site back but all the hyperlinks that I've found directed me to the same spot.

It's just by visiting, by chance, the link section of Dave Austin's page that I finally got back here.

Phew!

Glad I'm back though.

I don't have a PC at home anymore so I'm writing from work now. It's a shame because I would have loved to post an updated pic of my ongoing project (my chain shirt).
Boy! I never thought it would take me so much time to complete. I estimate that it has roughly 10,000 rings now. I could have started with a coif but noooooooo! I had to start with a shirt.

Wink

How are you guys doing?

[ This Message was edited by: Cetautomatix on 2003-01-10 14:52 ]

Submissions: 7

Hey, you're back! Very Happy

Well if ever you want to do it I volunteer to handle it.

See, I subscribed to some other sites there and i receive newsletters from those sites and most of the time it's news about nothing but it gives exposure.

It doesn't have to be spam but just a quick word to say: hey, we're still there and we miss you.

But I guess it's more profitable for more profit-oriented organisations.

That was my two cents

Smile

Slainte

Cet

Submissions: 24

As far as I see it, the newsletter would probably only do good to members who have been here before but have forgotten about it or something. I'll bet a lot of people come here and explore everything but once they've done that probably rarely come back, thinking they're not going to find anything more. It's the nature of this site being so dynamic that is probably strange to people, so they're not expecting it to get much more.

In my head I was even thinking something automated that sent the names of the most recent article submissions and maybe new weaves. (and perhaps some fun things like random glossary listings, or random weaves to learn).

But anyways this is just off the top of my head Smile

signature

Submissions: 582

Posting messages about m.a.i.l. to other boards probably is spam and is not necessary anyways.

About the newsletter. It could be a good idea in the future. I'm just not sure that m.a.i.l. is doing a lot now that would justify everything necessary in distributing a newsletter once in awhile. Not that m.a.i.l. isn't doing a lot, we definately are. But it just doesn't seem necessary to me at this point. I don't know if others feel the same way though. This is just my opinion.

There is no such thing as weave ownership. If someone produces a weave sample, they own that physical piece of mail, but not rights to the weave pattern itself.
Chainmailbasket.com (2019-01-01) - 376 + 79

Don't they have a 'Links' section, maybe we could get two entries? Anything would be better than posting an ad... Crying (very sad)

(accidental alliteration)

Submissions: 82

ah, i've seen it happen. and i think, if we were to ask. im sure jon and the others would allow this. considering the fact that not every maill-er that is online goes to this website, and is a member.

There are only 2 things in life that we can be assured of: Somethings will never stop changing, and some things will never change.

Ummm, Bative?

I am specifically not trying to be insulting, but that idea of going to other websites and posting that info sounds an awful lot like spam to me. It's possible that it could be interpreted as that by others.

(accidental alliteration)

oh, and i'd be willing to distribute, collect emails, submit information, whatever ya need. Very Happy

There are only 2 things in life that we can be assured of: Somethings will never stop changing, and some things will never change.

maybe we can go around to the other boards (TRL, charles', etc) and make posts, and people who want to join a mailing list for the MAIL newsletter can post thier email?

maybe we can go around to the other boards (TRL, charles', etc) and make posts, and people who want to join a mailing list for the MAIL newsletter can post thier email?

Submissions: 79

while that is the truth, david.. the fact is that i don't check it very often. Smile granted, i'm a unique user.

kim

Submissions: 582

Well the thing is, virtually everyone who knows about M.A.I.L. is on the Internet, and checks the site when they want to know what's going on with it. And what could the newsletter have on it that the M.A.I.L. site does not? Perhaps nothing.

It's just my opinion though, and I haven't completely thought it through.

There is no such thing as weave ownership. If someone produces a weave sample, they own that physical piece of mail, but not rights to the weave pattern itself.
Chainmailbasket.com (2019-01-01) - 376 + 79

Submissions: 79

i know that i, personally, wouldn't mind recieving a newsletter containing information about recent submissions and perhaps even a short desription or review. i don't make it here much anymore (last few days excluded) and i almost never browse more than the board.. mostly due to my access, but if i was told about neat stuff in the gallery, etc i might be more inclined to drop in.

monthly would be perferred to weekly, for me.

kim

PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 2. Goto page 1, 2  Next