wrapping cabachons
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Requests

Submissions: 0

wrapping cabachons
Posted on Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:25 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

heyas all!! was wondering if anyone could help me with how to wrap cabachons! saw a few of these done and my mom would like me to do one for her for a necklace. (( she does beaded jewelry))
thanks!
ane
Coif Smiley

Submissions: 1

Posted on Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:01 am

If you'll please explain to me what a cabachon is, I'll see if I can help you. Otherwise, I'm not sure what you're talking about. If someone else can help you before me, that's good too. Coif Smiley

Do vegitarians hate animal crackers?

Phlogiston is a great word...look it up...

Submissions: 10

Posted on Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:32 am

Zephyr, here's lots of pictures of wrapped cabs by Vacacita.

Anebu, I've not yet wrapped a cab, so I'm afraid I can't help you, other than to say check out Vacacita's page. She has some info on how they're made as well as the pics.

IGP (Irregular Grid Painter) Links:
Home | FAQ | Downloads

Submissions: 1

Posted on Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:13 am

Okay, I've seen those before. I just didn't know that was what they were called. On the site that Zlosk posted, they used Half Persian 4-in-1 for the cabachons. All of those were silver, but I'm sure you could do it with any metal. The cabachons looked fairly micromaille to me, although I'm not sure how big it was. If I had done those before, I could help you, but alas, I haven't. It doesn't seem too hard though, you should be able to get one done. HP 3-in-1 or 4-in-1 seems to me like it would work best for that inner curve of the weave. Hpe I helped! Smile

Do vegitarians hate animal crackers?

Phlogiston is a great word...look it up...

Submissions: 10

Posted on Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:39 pm

*swoops in*

Okay, I'm a little late on this discussion, but here's what I do:

The cabs in those pictures are 25x18mm. For that size and also for 18x13mm, I use 22awg 1/8" rings in the HP 4-1 weave. You kind of have to experiment with how big to make the loop to go around the cab. For 14x10mm or 12x10mm cabs, which I use for earrings, I use 24awg 3/32" rings in the same weave.

Many people use HP 3-1 for cab wraps. I think that's more common, in fact. 20awg 1/8" rings work nicely for the larger cabs. You can of course use any metal you want, and I use epoxy to attach the chain to the cabs.

Theresa

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1