new forum colours?
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> M.A.I.L. Help

Submissions: 17

new forum colours?
Posted on Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:23 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

umm, am i seeing things, or has the website changed colours and such? i see it as a plain black background, with blue writing.... no tables or anything... strange. ? if it is a new setup, i would like to say that i personally prefer the other style. its much easier to read.

you all laugh cuz im different. i laugh cuz your all the same
the ostrich is a freakish reminder that satan is alive and well and wants harm to come to us

Submissions: 2

Posted on Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:02 am

Nope. It's you.

Submissions: 19

Re: new forum colours?
Posted on Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:53 pm

That happens now and again on certain websites....I think it's a web browser glitch..

Submissions: 2

eye!
Posted on Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:06 pm

I havent been posting here for a while, kinda been taking a break from maille. But I remember the colors bein the same...

mo

Submissions: 7

Posted on Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:56 pm

Same old, same old here.

Maille Code: V2.0 T7.1 R5.4 Eo.p Feur MFe.s Whi$ Capsw$ G2.0/0.7 I13.6/2.4 N23.18 Pa Dacejtw S03

People demand Freedom of Speech to compensate for the Freedom of Thought they neglect to use.

Regardless of what people say, I'm not a few rings short of a Hauberk, they just aren't there for fitting purposes.

Yoshi

Fantasy Photography; Vivid settings and characters. World class, and beautiful: www.intothemystic.biz

Submissions: 11

Posted on Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:19 am

Looks the same to me, I haven't touched anything yet hehe (not that it should look different in color when I do, just saying).

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-Arthur C. Clarke

DarkSkye Designs

Submissions: 17

Posted on Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:29 am

yep. it appears it was a glitch of some sort on my end.. its now the same MAIL artisans ive grown to know so well.. Very Happy

you all laugh cuz im different. i laugh cuz your all the same
the ostrich is a freakish reminder that satan is alive and well and wants harm to come to us

Submissions: 99

phpBB skin
Posted on Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:08 am

I actually have seen this happen on the very rare occasion here to. It only happens on m.a.i.l. message board, and when I hit the refresh button it goes back to normal. I have seen this 3 times in the past year. It looks to me as if an admin made an alternative skin for the phpBB board, and the phpBB program sometimes will accidentally pull up that skin.

I have some experience with the admin panel of the phpBB message board program, and have created several different skins. The system allows for several skins to be in storage, then the admins have the option of making available select skins for members, to choose, to view the board in. M.a.i.l. dose not use this option, so when I saw the skin I thought that they planed on renovation as well.

Posted on Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:20 am

What happens is that the css file does not get correctly served/processed. This on occasion happens under heavy server load. The css file is what defines all the colors and block styles on the page. To see the true power of css, here is the page to visit.

-Arthur C. Clarke

DarkSkye Designs

Submissions: 10

Posted on Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:54 am

Just a thought... Isn't there a better forum for this thread?

Edit: That would be the M.A.I.L. Help forum, yes?

Submissions: 21

Posted on Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:28 am

Criterion wrote:
What happens is that the css file does not get correctly served/processed. This on occasion happens under heavy server load. The css file is what defines all the colors and block styles on the page. To see the true power of css, here is the page to visit.

Exactly! The problem is with your browser and the Cascading Style Sheets on the webpage. I do feel that you shouldn't have said "served/processed" together, as you make the two seem to be the same, and that's definately not the case when it comes to CSS.

If the file was sent incorrectly (usually by some small packet loss), then it would be read incorrectly.

The more probable reason is that MacroHard's Intranet Exploder miss-read the CSS file. The simple fact is that the computer you're viewing the webpage on applies the CSS layout to the webpage on its own, and the server does absolutely no work in that regard.

Posted on Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:15 pm

I said "served/processed" because I mean one or the other, not that they were the same. Either the browser did not recieve the css (corrupt or not served.. which is the most likely case with the heavy server loads I've been seeing here) or the browser did not process the correctly served css (not as likely, as the problem would be showing up at more sites than just here).

I hate internet exploder as much as anybody else, but I don't think it's to blame here. I've seen some serious server bogs over the last few days, and in addition to the header redesign I'm going to have a look at the most often served files and see what can be done about streamlining them as much as possible in an attempt to alleviate that a bit.

... and yes, the help forum would be a better place for this thread, I'll see about fixing that Smile.... tada.. moved.

-Arthur C. Clarke

DarkSkye Designs

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1