MAIL fund raising idea from The Ring Lord
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Fund Raising

Submissions: 3

MAIL fund raising idea from The Ring Lord
Posted on Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:32 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

I don't expect this idea to get wide spread support but I thought I'd offer.

Our shopping cart system has an "affiliate" system. What this means is we can set it so that referals from a certain link are recorded by the system and purchases made though these referrals are logged.

What I suggest is a link on the donations page of MAIL that links to The Ring Lord shopping cart. MAIL would receive something like 10% of standard ring sales, and maybe 5% of wire, tools, etc. (Just numbers off the top of my head for now).

I would argue that this is pretty similar to the Cafe Express relation ship except this one would make MAIL a lot more money.

Submissions: 62

Posted on Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:28 am

thats a good idea jon. but isnt that a little much...

i one order some ppl would be "donating" (i use this lightly) anywhere from 30 to 50 $ an order.

i think it would almost be too much income

it wouldnt really be to member supported also. not all TRL customers are members of any forums(at least it think...)

maybe like 2% sound resonalble for bringing in about 200$ a year..

<a href="http://www.greatbodyofwater.blogspot.com">Great Body Of Water Music Blog</a> run by me and my friend.

Submissions: 3

Posted on Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:03 am

I see your point - something like this could easily generate a lot more money then MAIL currently needs. While I'm sure we could come up with plently of ideas on how to spend the money if could easily become a source of conflict within MAIL.

Submissions: 14

Posted on Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:40 pm

We could set it up for use only during 'drive time' (like when PBS gets near their fiscal year-end).

"If 50 million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." ? <i>Anatole France</i>

Submissions: 79

Posted on Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:42 am

that is a generous offer, jon. and, while i will happily continue to advertise your site for free when i get my own private site up and running again, i am against MAIL affiliating itself with any commercial business.

i would vote no on that offer, as i would have from day 1. i hope you understand where i'm coming from. Smile

it certainly is a generous offer, however.

kim

PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Submissions: 77

Posted on Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:52 am

it's a great idea, but if you think it will raise too much money, just reduce the percentages. Maybe we could think of something to do with the money before we have it, so we can't fight over it?

Submissions: 0

Posted on Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:42 am

Jon - can other sites get this kinda deal? : )

Submissions: 79

Posted on Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:07 am

i suspect that was a unique offer to MAIL, seeing as he's our treasurer. that, and at how ridiculously generous it was of him to offer us that much.

kim

PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Submissions: 0

Posted on Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:41 pm

yeah, I figured as much too - but I handed out over a thousand of my own business cards recently, and every TRL card I could get my hands on (at a 9 week ren fest) - so I could probably drive some traffic... even though I do send folks to TRL anyway, I'd really push it if I thought I was seeing some return (even the small % : )

If it's something you do ever decide to do, I'm in!

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1