June 6th, bills come due!
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Fund Raising

Submissions: 79

Posted on Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:31 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

and assuming that the money order transaction went well it's significantly less than that...

so, after we get this next year paid for.. perhaps we could do some sort of active fund raising for next year's bills.. so it's not an end of the cycle begging, but a beginning of the cycle begging. Smile

even if we wait a couple months.. maybe some sort of auction.. i'd be into that, and donate some work for it. probably can't afford more right now with the house project and all going on, but next year finances should be good.

kim

PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Submissions: 93

Posted on Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:51 pm

To be fair, this wasn't terribly last minute. We did start 6 months early, and if Lorenzo hadn't still needed top be reimbursed for last year, we would have long since covered our needs...

But I agree that donations alone are a shaky way to raise funds. I think an auction could be a good idea. We could make it a sealed-bid auction, so there's no e-bay style sniping. I was thinking that if we really want board members to be interested, we could auction maille-making tools or supplies. Maybe we could even get something donated by a supplier...

I also had the idea of offering some kind of membership kit, where you get a fancy membership card, some business cards, and a stack of brochures, or something like that. Maybe a membership certificate too... Still forming the idea in my head. I figure lots of people who sell might like to display their affiliation, and M.A.I.L. could raise a couple of bucks into the bargain.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."

— George Bernard Shaw

Maille Code V1.0 T5.7 R5.1 Fhd MCu Wc Cd G2.03/.56 I9.75/3.25 Pn Dacdjs S97 CCi

Submissions: 79

Posted on Sun Mar 21, 2004 8:45 pm

i am sort of opposed to having a 'membership package'.. just cause it seems to denote that some folks are more members than others if there are 'certificates'.. or people will perhaps use it to say that we endorse their maille.. and a person with 20$ isn't necessarily someone who i would endorse as a quality mailler.. a quality mailler is someone i would endorse..

you're probably right about folk not really being into buying maille.. but i dont know. if it were unique enough.. or perhaps a set of "weave samples" would be a good thing to auction. maybe auction "20 weaves of your choice" or something.

i know we started 6 months before it was due.. but it would be nice to be a year ahead instead of a year behind.

kim

PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Submissions: 14

Posted on Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:24 am

Again, there's money waiting to be paid out in our CafePress account. If someone wants to take the responsibility of making sure it gets to Lorenzo, let me know. Or, better yet, if Lorenzo wants to get it sent directly to him, I need his info.

"If 50 million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." ? <i>Anatole France</i>

Submissions: 13

Posted on Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:52 am

The mailler kit seems like a good idea. It could be done so as not to look like MAIL endorses someone's work, but more as a help to people, such as the business cards and brochures. Make a donation to the cause and get a stack of handout material in the process.

Pontoon.

Posted on Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:03 am

Hey um, Cohort...

V

lorenzo wrote:
1076 1st. Ave. N.E.
Moose Jaw, SK
S6H 0Z9
Canada

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."

— George Bernard Shaw

Posted on Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:22 am

Done. Should be something coming soon. I think they pay out on the first, but don't quote me.

"If 50 million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." ? <i>Anatole France</i>

Submissions: 45

Posted on Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:48 pm

Cohort's taken a great step w/ the cafepress shop -- to add new merchandise that people might want to buy (not to knock the old stuff, but it could use some infusion of new stuff).

Just in case other people want to submit stuff for CP items for sale... whom would they contact...?

Posted on Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:08 am

Maybe that would be cohort?

Posted on Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:29 am

Current CP check went out, I note. Was it recieved alright?

Posted on Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:53 pm

Yeah, if you look at the fundraising crosspost in Knitting Circle, Lorenzo contacted me to say we're now only about $80 short...

— George Bernard Shaw

Submissions: 11

Posted on Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:21 pm

Has there been any word to the people who sent donations for the site, as to whether or not they've been received?

Posted on Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:44 pm

I honestly don't know if Lorenzo's been keeping track. I hope he has, as I would like to post their names on a special acknowledgements page, replacing or augmenting the old one...

— George Bernard Shaw

Submissions: 11

Posted on Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:08 pm

Well, with any luck, he's reading this, and will soon let us know Very Happy

Submissions: 3

Posted on Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:44 am

Paypal account has 53.96 USD from donations

Jump to:  
Page 2 of 5. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next