Weave Requests
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Requests

Submissions: 79

Posted on Sat Jan 01, 2000 5:00 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

weave requests.. more of a challenge than a request.

strangemaille box (cylinder okay but box perferred as it's more challenging.)

trinity box (may be more of a cylinder, not sure if a 4 grain box is possible.)

kim

PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Submissions: 82

Trinity box, i tried this awhile back, just after i learned trinity. since the weave constantly changes from euro to 1-1, the box version isnt exactly passible, it is, but it is very irregular. I belive lorenzo had made a roundmaille version of trinity before, but im not sure of the results. i tried something interesting with trinity a bit back. I made some 16 guage 1/4" ID aluminum rings, and made a king-trinity. and in this size, the weave spiraled onto itself, and would not lay flat.
my 2 cents. Very Happy

There are only 2 things in life that we can be assured of: Somethings will never stop changing, and some things will never change.

Submissions: 582

That is interesting. I scanned the three pics you mentioned.

But I do fail to see that picture orientation should matter much.

And if it does, you could always use a graphics manipulation program to flip the pictures over.

There is no such thing as weave ownership. If someone produces a weave sample, they own that physical piece of mail, but not rights to the weave pattern itself.
Chainmailbasket.com (2019-01-01) - 376 + 79

Submissions: 4

lets see... :eek:pens new window to look at weaves: first one I found would be dragonscale, then we got Double Spiral 4 in 1, and Staggered Half Persian 3 in 1, just some of the ones I've seen, I only seem to be able to tell in ones with white backgrounds and shadows. now bare in mind that I might be crazy but check it out and tell me what ya think

Submissions: 582

Which weaves, in particular, are you referring to?

There is no such thing as weave ownership. If someone produces a weave sample, they own that physical piece of mail, but not rights to the weave pattern itself.
Chainmailbasket.com (2019-01-01) - 376 + 79

yes, this shouldnt be much of a problem, becasue most of the weaves are the same, weither they are upside down or not Very Happy

There are only 2 things in life that we can be assured of: Somethings will never stop changing, and some things will never change.

Submissions: 4

I'm not sure if anyone else has nodiced this or if it has already been addressed but I have a request/question: whats with with upside down pics in the weaves gallery? I found myself having trouble figuring out paterns only to relize I was being disoriented by the shadows in the wrong place. is this simply a matter of pics being scaned upside down? Confused

Submissions: 5

Quote:

On 2002-12-05 17:03, childofdune wrote:
Why can I not see the first page of this topic? It has always annoyed me... What did woody ask in the first place???

It's generating a db error which is streaching it out. Scan right to read it. To save you time, the origional post is:

Post your requests for a weave submission here.

Uber

Live, Love, Learn!
-Woody NaDobhar

requests/ideas for weaves. Very Happy

Submissions: 24

Why can I not see the first page of this topic? It has always annoyed me... What did woody ask in the first place???

Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.

Watashiwa nihongogo wakarimassen.

Ha, ha, ha. *this is my sarcastic laugh* Razz
no, we only have mounted police and ambulence drivers. Razz

Submissions: 21

my ex lived in Niagara Falls, and she told me that their mail system was so screwy that it could take 2 weeks to recieve a letter from her neighbor. It only takes one day to recieve a letter sent from my immediate area. I wonder, they have mounted police, do they have mounted mail men/women? This one is for you Bative Very Happy

~Dan~

Submissions: 14

okay, doing a straight 90 degree turn didn't cut it.. Maybe doing it as a spiral box would work better...

Submissions: 11

Nah; with 779 posts, at $0.02 a piece, that still only works out to $15.58, Canadian .. so pretty much $10, US. Don't need to be rich at all. Though, that'd go up considerably, if you actually had to mail a couple of pennies.. anyone know what it costs to mail a letter in canada nowadays? I've not used to postal service in years.

Submissions: 24

Holy crap bative, you're either really rich to be able to or really poor for giving out so many 2 cents...

So with trinity, from what I can tell, it's just 4in1 with some rings disconnected... Can I tell right?

Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.

Watashiwa nihongogo wakarimassen.

Jump to:  
Page 2 of 5. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next