Lorraine
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 20

Lorraine
Posted on Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:40 pm || Last edited by Daemon_Lotos on Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Link to Post: Link to Post

Hi folks,

Lorraine’s husband has asked me to make a post here, just to fill everyone in, as this community is especially important to Lorraine, and she would not want to just temporarily “disappear”.

The other day, after what seems to be a reaction to a medication, Lorraine needed to be taken to the hospital and is in the ICU. What’s currently uncertain is how long her stay will be, or the timeframe on her return to regular daily life.

To that end, please bear with us a little if things might be a bit slow, the rest of us will do our best to fill in in her absence.

Submissions: 22

Posted on Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:25 pm

Crying (very sad)
I hope she gets well soon.

Submissions: 15

Posted on Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:34 pm

I second that Notion.

Total Nerd: MScDS, Mailler, Gamer. Fluent in c++.

Submissions: 30

Posted on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:16 am

Sad to hear. Looking forward to better news in the future.

Submissions: 1

Posted on Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:14 am

Let her know we say Get Well Soon.

Submissions: 42

Posted on Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:05 pm

Really hope things are looking up for her soon. She is a stable member of this group.

Hope she isn't developing an allergy to cats now! Wink

Once you stop learning, you stop living, so...
Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

MailleCode V2.0 T5.3 R4.4 E0.0 Feur MFe.sBr Wg Cwb G.7-5.1 I3.1-11 N20.5 Pj Dcdjt Xa1w2 S08

Submissions: 20

Posted on Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:08 am

I’ve just left the Care Home after spending a couple of days with Lorraine. She was moved there from the Hospital on Friday just before I arrived.

It’s with a very heavy heart that I’m forced to report that Lorraine will not be returning to her Admin duties at MAIL. She will be spending what remains of her time, with her loving husband Michael by her side, being made as comfortable as possible.

I will post more regarding this in a day or two, once I’ve had time to fully digest. There is a lot of admin shuffle to do, as Lorraine shouldered a good chunk of work. I have, as well, been too absent for far too long.

Her husband does have an account here, and will read any and everything posted, both to himself, and to Lorraine.
I can, and will, be dealing with any “pending” items on Lorraine’s docket, including any gallery requests that may have been made to her, until full Admin shuffle can be completed.
The Gallery Contest will continue as scheduled, as well as continuing in perpetuity.

Normally, in times like this, the family would ask for privacy. But Michael, in his wisdom, and knowing Lorraine as he does, asked that I inform you all, as she would want her friends and chosen family to know. And would want to ensure that MAIL continued to run smoothly in her absence.

I’ll be replying to any PMs as needed, so if anyone has Admin-related questions, please feel free.
Other than that, I have a 12+ hour drive ahead of me, after a night’s rest, so expect a slight delay in responses. But I will do my best to honour her wishes, and ensure smoothness-as-possible.

She told me, and I believe would want me to tell you... “I’m okay.”

If you’ll excuse me, there’s a beer here with my name on it...

Submissions: 30

Posted on Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:40 am

Not the update anyone was hoping to hear. I hope everyone in this community can continue to make her proud.

Submissions: 97

Posted on Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:56 pm

Crying (very sad) Lorraine will be very much missed! I have never had the opportunity to meet her in person (only talked with her here and FB), but have considered her a friend.

Lotos, if there's anything I can do to help, just let me know!

Insistence is futile.

We are the Quartz, lower your shovels and surrender your rocks. We will add your gemological and mineralogical distinctiveness to our own. You will adapt to service us. Resistance is rutile.

Handmaden Designs LLC
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Handmade Artists Shop
Author Website

Submissions: 8

Posted on Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:28 am

I'm sorry to hear what's happening with Lorraine.

Submissions: 0

Posted on Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:25 am

Thank you DL. Lorraine loved this site and the community with a passion. She was devoted to making sure that the site was as unbiased, useful, and informative as she could. She spent months working on compiling the database into the best resource that she knew. I watched her for days, weeks and months grind away at things, usually until two or three in the morning. She considered this site and the people here her family. People did not know (she did not say anything) that her hands started to hurt when using the plyers so she had to stop making mail.That may have been two or three years back. But she would not give up MAIL. She could be frustrated, dazzled, proud, and much more all at once when it came to this site. She would have left me before leaving MAIL. Now she is doing both.

Please keep this site going. Please keep it a site for all. Try to suppress the egos and help each other. Keep the ads out. She hated those (felt they had no place in a free library of shared information). Keep making beautiful mail.

Michael

Submissions: 3

Posted on Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:47 pm

I'm so sorry this is happening. I will be praying for both of you and your family.

Submissions: 13

Posted on Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:25 pm

This makes my heart heavy with sadness. So very sorry Sad

Submissions: 0

Posted on Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:30 pm

All,

My wife of 31 years passed away on Saturday morning. Please remember her as a person who was passionate about everything here on MAIL. I am attaching the link to her memorial page (for those that might find it comforting to visit or who would like to leave a thought or memory of this beautiful person).

http://www.rhaydensmith.com/sitemaker/memsol.cgi?user_id=2076766

Michael

Submissions: 574

Posted on Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:21 pm

I’m at a loss for words. Our community has lost a great member and friend.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 2. Goto page 1, 2  Next