duplicate weaves
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Weaves Discussion

Submissions: 581

Another potential duplicate
Posted on Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:58 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Other than each of the rings in the scaled Helm Chain segments of Rings of Saturn being doubled in the earlier established A6, I was wondering if anyone could point out any other differences between the two.

There is no such thing as weave ownership. If someone produces a weave sample, they own that physical piece of mail, but not rights to the weave pattern itself.
Chainmailbasket.com (2019-01-01) - 376 + 79

Submissions: 19

Re: Another potential duplicate
Posted on Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:31 pm

Chainmailbasket_com wrote:
Other than each of the rings in the scaled Helm Chain segments of Rings of Saturn being doubled in the earlier established A6, I was wondering if anyone could point out any other differences between the two.

There’s none.

It’s A twisted scale, I’ll call it planet, for fun, as it connects Two Moon.

The moons alternate, mirroring eachother, in Both.

A6 is Moon-kingedplanet-reversemoon-kingedplanet-moon
Rings of Saturn is Moon-planet-reversemoon-planet-Moon.

There’s nothing more to them.

Total Nerd: MScDS, Mailler, Gamer.

Posted on Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:03 pm

Thank you for clarifying this. I see that they ended up being tagged differently. RoS was seen as Persian, I suppose because of its similarity to Sweetpea. Each is tagged European as well. My personal (current) view seems to place them as Japanese, because of the straightforward connections involved.

And even though there’s a Byzantizing factor at play, these rings end up reoriented with no persuasion (lean) at all, and are held in place straight. I guess this layering scheme is mooning.

There is no such thing as weave ownership. If someone produces a weave sample, they own that physical piece of mail, but not rights to the weave pattern itself.

Posted on Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:55 pm

Thank you for clarifying this. I see that they ended up being tagged differently. RoS was seen as Persian, I suppose because of its similarity to Sweetpea. Each is tagged European as well. My personal (current) view seems to place them as Japanese, because of the straightforward connections involved.

And even though there’s a Byzantizing factor at play, these rings end up reoriented with no persuasion (lean) at all, and are held in place straight. I guess this layering scheme is mooning.

Had I tagged them, I’d not tag them as European. My personal definition, and the definition given in the tag definition, firmly places them in the Persian category. I’d tag them as follows; Persian, Chain, helm, Moon.

The Moon is not ”traditional”, but it follows the Moon pattern of being a bolt twisting 90 degrees, by basically the same mechanism.

Reminds me. I want Two new tags. Bolt and Moon.

Posted on Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:47 pm

I see. Sort of. I have a hard time considering anything without directional grain to be Persian.

Regarding tags, I can think of a few that ought to be added. Bolt is rather general though. If Moon is a type of bolt, then maybe different bolt types need their own distinct tags.

Bolted design to me means something like Not Tao 3 Sheet. Purely orthogonal connections literally bolting together components. In contrast, Not Tao 3 Sheets To The Wind interconnects NT3 units into a sheet, but there’s integration.

Posted on Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:04 pm

I see. Sort of. I have a hard time considering anything without directional grain to be Persian.

Regarding tags, I can think of a few that ought to be added. Bolt is rather general though. If Moon is a type of bolt, then maybe different bolt types need their own distinct tags.

Bolted design to me means something like Not Tao 3 Sheet. Purely orthogonal connections literally bolting together components. In contrast, Not Tao 3 Sheets To The Wind interconnects NT3 units into a sheet, but there’s integration.

Then we are in Agreement. The three most popular bolts, from the top of my head should be single, Moon and flower. The flower has a tag - moebius. Moon does not. The single doesn’t even have a name suitable for a tag; it’s The single I thought of, not the general concept.

Posted on Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:26 pm

I certainly do not consider the Mobius flower as a bolt type. It is indeed a connection type, but only serves as a bolt when it replaces one proper. Example:Flowers in Cages replaces half of the bolts in Byzantine with flowers. Mobius Sheet is comprised only of these Mobial ring replacements, but contains no bolts.

Posted on Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:51 pm

I certainly do not consider the Mobius flower as a bolt type. It is indeed a connection type, but only serves as a bolt when it replaces one proper. Example:Flowers in Cages replaces half of the bolts in Byzantine with flowers. Mobius Sheet is comprised only of these Mobial ring replacements, but contains no bolts.

A glance at the tags confirmed that I was in haste to name Mobius.

Posted on Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:17 pm

I Don’t know If I’ve Said it before, but, Serpent`s Spine and Spiral Cage seem to be nigh identical.

The images seem to all be of SC, and the tutorial for SS is not made by the original designer, and there’s no hint of the extra ring in the weave image.

Posted on Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:34 pm

Magus Chain, and Coyote Chain appear to be the same weave to me. Can anyone confirm this please?

Posted on Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:13 pm

Magus Chain, and Coyote Chain appear to be the same weave to me. Can anyone confirm this please?

Indeed. They are the same.

Jump to:  
Page 6 of 6. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6