*Entries for Contest 22 - Weaves Without Gallery Submissions
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Gallery Discussion

Submissions: 22

Posted on Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:52 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Ooooh, really like that, kerravonsen! The mixed metals look great and go really well with the nails. Nice one Smile .

www.melodytallon.com

Submissions: 61

Posted on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:05 am

Artefacts wrote:
Ooooh, really like that, kerravonsen! The mixed metals look great and go really well with the nails. Nice one Smile .

Thank you!

Craft isn't cheaper than therapy, but it's more fun.
http://www.essence-of-eclectic.com

Submissions: 10

Posted on Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:35 pm

Had the nails been in wood you could have called that a Vampire Hunter's pendant Razz

Submissions: 1

Posted on Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:45 pm

I'm in.

Submissions: 13

My second entry
Posted on Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:21 am

This time around I wanted to try something new. Instead of a weave that could be repeated eternally I made this neat little unit. I modified it a bit to add some spice to the mix.

Beaded Hourglass Tetrahedron!

The Unit

Top view. Notice the 3 rings that extrude outwards on the top? By pulling them up you can release the pearl and sell it for a large amount of money (ok maybe not, it's not real after all...) Coif LoL

Here it is in its natural colors. The three rings that lay on top of the bead are the ones that in the previous image extruded outwards. By pulling them together you can simply put the unit upside down and the bead falls out.

This is my second entry out of a couple. Some more will come, I promise you that Wink

Every ring used is 1mm Iron Wire with an AR of 7

"When in doubt... C4" - Jamie Hyneman

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/wpa09
My band: http://www.facebook.com/carnosus

"This is an art form, and we love to be recognized for our own work, and we'd all hope not to be confused with someone else."
- Charon, March 27, 2009

Submissions: 2

Posted on Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:05 pm

This is a B^3 dodecahedron wrapped around a golf ball. Rings are TRL's 18g 3/16 anodized aluminum in red and sky blue.

Submissions: 45

Posted on Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:15 pm

Very nice Shadowfire!

How hard was it to find the right size rings?
It looks to be a perfect fit for the golf ball.

Always remember: A sucking chest wound is the Lord's way of telling you to slow down.

Submissions: 2

Posted on Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:19 pm

Firemedic wrote:
Very nice Shadowfire!

How hard was it to find the right size rings?
It looks to be a perfect fit for the golf ball.

It is a perfect fit for the golf ball. The last couple rings are a wee bit tight, but it's as close to perfect as you can get. I actually made the dodecahedron first, but it wasn't rigid at all, so I decided to fill it with something. A golf ball seemed to be about the right size, so I went for it and got lucky.

Submissions: 61

Posted on Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:17 am

Shadowfire19 wrote:
This is a B^3 dodecahedron wrapped around a golf ball. Rings are TRL's 18g 3/16 anodized aluminum in red and sky blue.

Oh, I like that.

Craft isn't cheaper than therapy, but it's more fun.
http://www.essence-of-eclectic.com

Posted on Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:57 pm

Hi.

I want to post my entry but the site does not seem to like photos stored on Microsoft Skydrive. Is there a way to make them work here?

First entry
Posted on Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:36 pm || Last edited by theeinherjar on Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Here is my first entry:

I couldn't believe no gallery submission existed for this weave. It's Wyvern Scale, a Dragonscale variant. Big rings are 7/32" Bright Aluminum 18GA. Small rings are 5/32" Bright Aluminum and Copper 22GA. Clasp is an handmade toggle clasp. The ring is made from 16GA Stainless Steel and the wrap-up is 22GA Copper wire. I'm pretty happy with the result as it is my first ever toggle clasp Smile

EDIT:

Sorry I made a mistake (not big). Copper and small Bright Aluminum rings are 20GA, not 22.

Submissions: 0

Posted on Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:41 pm

theeinherjar wrote:
Hi.

I want to post my entry but the site does not seem to like photos stored on Microsoft Skydrive. Is there a way to make them work here?

you need top host your pics online in something like photobucket, flicker or others

Submissions: 28

Posted on Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:32 pm

traceyalex wrote:
theeinherjar wrote:
Hi.

you need top host your pics online in something like photobucket, flicker or others

Skydrive is online (microsoft's equivalent of google drive). It is possible to share from skydrive, but it is in no way pretty. They do a really good job of hiding where the file is located by indirect links. If you are really still interested in finding out how, shoot me a pm and Ill type up a couple paragraphs of instructions.

while(!project.isFinished())
project.addRing();
// Maille Code V2.0 T7.1 R5.6 Eo.n Fper MFe.s Wsm Caws G0.8-1.6 I2.4-8.0 Pn Dcdejst Xw1 S07

Posted on Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:35 am

Oh well, I wanted to keep all my pics at the same place, but I'll keep using Google's Photo as it's much simplier like that.

Thanks anyway.

Submissions: 0

Posted on Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:54 am

TrenchCoatGuy wrote:
traceyalex wrote:
theeinherjar wrote:
Hi.

Skydrive is online (microsoft's equivalent of google drive). It is possible to share from skydrive, but it is in no way pretty. They do a really good job of hiding where the file is located by indirect links. If you are really still interested in finding out how, shoot me a pm and Ill type up a couple paragraphs of instructions.

ahh that 1 ive not heard of before

Jump to:  
Page 5 of 9. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next