4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
SCA (or similar, like LARP)
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Medieval style games, like WoW, Oblivion, etc
20%
 20%  [ 5 ]
Metal Working (other than maille. doesnt need to be armor)
32%
 32%  [ 8 ]
Interest in Medieval combat in general (or time period near there)
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Other (please specify)
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 25

Submissions: 4

Maille Related interests?
Posted on Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:16 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

I myself am a fan of warfare in general, though medieval times and around there seems to peak my interest. I myself as well fence, which i feel links to my interest in such. I also rather enjoy games such as WoW, oblivion, and etc, which i feel may as well branch off from this. actually, i take part in all the options but one, and have interest in joining SCA (the one i dont take part in yet)

anyone else with interests relating to Maille in a way?

i also hoping this has a "select multiple" option... nope, it doesnt.

if anyone here with admin/mod ability that knows how to activate that, if there is one, could activate it?

and if you are interested in more than one, but there only option for one, please choose your biggest interest of them, and post the others

Submissions: 79

Posted on Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:45 pm

well, i guess you do like warfare stuff, since that's all you included in the poll. Wink i might suggest an edit to include jewelry or art/sculpture.. i'm not really into armor or fighting, but i dig me some maille sculpture. also, something a little more abstract, like puzzles or patterns would fit with some of why people like maille.

kim

PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Submissions: 6

Posted on Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:24 pm

sakredchao wrote:
well, i guess you do like warfare stuff, since that's all you included in the poll. Wink

It's only letting me select more than one option in the poll. If I click a second it deselects the first.. 'cause yeah, I'm interested in more than one of those, as well. Smile

-Deborah

Submissions: 20

Re: Maille Related interests?
Posted on Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:33 pm

Saradamon wrote:

if anyone here with admin/mod ability that knows how to activate that, if there is one, could activate it?

Uhm, nope Very Happy

Submissions: 97

Posted on Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:59 pm

There were a couple of those choices I could have chosen, but clicked the option of metalworking. Wouldn't mind learning fencing though, both my brother and sister have taken classes in it and loved it. My sister wants to learn falconry.

Insistence is futile.

We are the Quartz, lower your shovels and surrender your rocks. We will add your gemological and mineralogical distinctiveness to our own. You will adapt to service us. Resistance is rutile.

Handmaden Designs LLC
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Handmade Artists Shop
Author Website

Submissions: 4

Re: Maille Related interests?
Posted on Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:51 pm

Daemon_Lotos wrote:
Saradamon wrote:

Uhm, nope Very Happy

well i got a suggestion for the next version then Razz

@Nárrína: yea, it's really fun, and Falconry also sounds rather interesting.

@sakredchao and femailler: srry, those didnt come to mind, lol. i put up every related topic i could think of... rofl...

but atleast i put the "other" option Razz

Submissions: 1

Posted on Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:44 am

It was the SCA that got me mailling, 35+ years ago. And there's the continuing interest in medieval warfare, and the armor/metalwork too.

'The Minstrel Boy to the War is gone...'

Submissions: 1

Posted on Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:26 pm || Last edited by Hexenkind on Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

It was movies about period warfare/fantasy that got me interested in the first place. Been watching those types of movies most of my life. Then follows the games, and good spirited competition for the only other mailler in town.

we all walk to the same end, no matter what path we follow

Submissions: 3

Posted on Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:27 pm

i chose metal working, but not armor or any thing like that. for me it started with cars building and customizing, making them go faster, and hadle better, stop faster. my last creation : 2000 VW Jetta that got a mix and match assortment of audi, VW, and porche parts to make it perform and handle better, and a custom one off body kit allmost making it look like a Lancer

but that started getting old, and i moved on to another intrest of mine radio controlled gadgets. but here again i couldnt leave anything stock. i belive the first thing i built was just a simple RC truck with a wireless camera mounted to it. that was fun for a while but i waned something more. so i forked out some more cash for a larger radio set up and i added a radio controlled turrent onto the back of it and another camera to the mix. and that was fun for a while as well, but i still wanted more. so i upgraded the servos on the turrent and added a couple of cheap elctronic full auto air soft guns to it, with IR laser target indicators.

and i could keep going on, but i wont, long story short, i love to tinker with sutff, be it for mail or not i just like to build things, love the R&D work and seeing if the sometimes crazy ideas i actully have will work.

Submissions: 0

Posted on Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:18 pm

I had to say "SCA", though a number of those options apply to me. I've always enjoyed metalworking, to the point of taking a jewelry making class (well, that an a girl). I'm also into fantasy RPGs/Mideavil games and the history of warfare (my favorite weapons of war are the braodsword and the three-mast wooden frigate). My father and grandfathers pushed me to learn how to work materials (wood, metal, glass, dirt, rock, etc), though from a far more practical standpoint (carpentry, machining, glazing, farming, etc); while they may hope I do more practical things with my knowledge they certainly appreciate the fact that I'm continuing to learn various skills.

In short, maille fits neatly into my policy of never doing anything for only one reason.

I chose SCA because I've used my maille as armor, and after something saves your hide a few times you tend to associate the thing with hide-saving. Very Happy

Submissions: 3

Posted on Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:02 am

I WANT TO VOTE FOR ALL OF THEM!!!! but I couldn't so i voted for medieval combat.

Submissions: 42

Posted on Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:30 pm

I love doing fencing, although I don't study it much anymore. My dad used to be the fencing coach so when the club disbanded I got all the gear and now teach a summer Renn. class, with fencing, I know it is not period, but the kids love it.

Once you stop learning, you stop living, so...
Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

MailleCode V2.0 T5.3 R4.4 E0.0 Feur MFe.sBr Wg Cwb G.7-5.1 I3.1-11 N20.5 Pj Dcdjt Xa1w2 S08

Submissions: 2

Posted on Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:12 am

I want to learn more bead work (mostly just the loop and twist at the top), and metal work. I hope to soon learn car customizing as well! I also play runescape!

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1