CafePress - New store coming: what do you want to see?
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Fund Raising

Submissions: 0

CafePress - New store coming: what do you want to see?
Posted on Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:04 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Hey guys, I'm working on re-vamping the CafePress store at the moment. Right now our stuff is ALL over the place, and there are a lot of missing products; so I've decided that it's going to be easier to start from scratch.

There are a lot of fun products CafePress offers that I'd like to add, and I'd like to get as much feed back as possible on what new items everyone would be interested in ordering if they were available.

Take a lookie loo at what's available here and feel free to weigh in!

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/customize/

Also, the t-shirts are available in other colors besides white, so I'm thinking of adding a list of colors to choose from. There are also hoodies (which we used to carry, but they poofed somehow), zippered hoodies, tank tops, cap sleeve tops, etc. Please let me know what you'd like to see as far as the t-shirts go as well.

Some of the new items I'm definitely adding will be journals and steins, woot!

Submissions: 42

Posted on Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:35 pm

At a glance I could see really liking one of those water bottles for the few times I do work out!

Once you stop learning, you stop living, so...
Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

MailleCode V2.0 T5.3 R4.4 E0.0 Feur MFe.sBr Wg Cwb G.7-5.1 I3.1-11 N20.5 Pj Dcdjt Xa1w2 S08

Submissions: 337

Posted on Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:37 pm

I'd like to see some black shirts with white printing and a few different mugs to choose from.

Maille Code
V2.0 T7.3 R5.4 Ep Feur MAg/Cu Wm$ Cbjpw$ G0.5/3.0 I1.5/12.0 N322.150 Pajs Dacdjsw Xa7g631p4t24w64 S88 Hipsu

Submissions: 50

Posted on Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:38 pm

My immediate thought (before looking) was a keyring/fob. They don't appear to have anything along those lines that I saw with a quick look see Sad

Bumper sticker, perhaps. Shirts, for sure.

Comprehensive Diameter Database: Web Page | Online Spreadsheet | About the database

"When you have bigger wire, you make bigger maille. It's neat like that." -Cynake, January 15, 2009

Submissions: 9

Posted on Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:55 pm

Well, I'd love to have a couple shirts...but I def want different colors...white is not my thing.

I am also fairly poor, so smaller things like bumper stickers would be awesome!!!

Submissions: 12

Posted on Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:23 pm

I think the journals are a wonderful idea! I like the waterbottles, too.

What would you guys think of having a 2010 calender with our logo on the cover and a contest to decide the 12 months?

Maille Code V1.0 T5.1 R3.6 Feur MAg.t Wcmi Cjwc G2.0/0.6 I38.1/2.5 Pj Dj S99 CCips

Submissions: 9

Posted on Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:37 pm

OOOOOOH! Great idea Talia! A calendar would be super cool! Don't they do something like that on TRL's forum? I saw something there anyway, don't know if it was them that did it or not.

Submissions: 1

Posted on Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:41 am

I'm all about the tea drinking so MUGS definately. I also second (or third or ......) the T-shirts in darker colours and would buy what I call spaghetti strap tops in darker colours too. More maille related ways to spend my wages, my better half will be soooo pleased!

Submissions: 1

Posted on Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:32 am

I agree with black shirts! our website is even black with white text after all...
plus sizes also.

mugs and water bottles. too bad the ornament is porcelain. we could wrap it and make our own key fobs! but I think that would break pretty fast in my purse!

Submissions: 79

Posted on Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:02 am

i'm into a stein and a shirt, black w/white lettering.

there certainly was a lot of fun stuff in there..

what about getting regular member participation in choosing a monthly or bi-monthly item. we used to have a "featured cafe press item" on the homepage, it was just a random piece of merchandise plopped onto the front page.

i am thinking of a member poll between 5, or however many, items. the most popular item is offered for one or two months, with a unique image. these would be items only offered for this period of time, and then not again (with the same image).

this might get the membership involved with the cafe press store.
if more people are looking at the pages more often, more order may be made.

kim

PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Posted on Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:46 pm || Last edited by Former_Gallery_Admin on Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Great idea!

Another item I really like is the messenger bag. It's on my list of things to ask CafePress about, as they don't list what the bag is made of or give a strength rating like with the tote bag. I'd carry my mailleing supplies in a M.A.I.L. bag. Wink

I'm still trying to track down who has access to the store at http://www.cafepress/maille ...just in case anyone is wondering what the hold up is and what not.

I'll get the financial info we do have for the other two stores listed in the Finances thread today, and post the other information once I track it down, if ever. *sigh*

Submissions: 57

Posted on Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:11 am

I haven't been following this very closely, but I did notice we had no hoodies available, saddened cause a black hoodie is one of my favorite weekend lazy wears.

Posted on Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:04 pm

Talked to CafePress about the messenger bags; they said they're made of 100% cotton canvas. They don't have a strength rating for them at this time, but say they're made to be lap top friendly, so they should be able to carry a fair amount of weight easily.

Submissions: 20

Posted on Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:11 am

Anything made for a laptop, should carry a tackle box of supplies at least, with no issues.

If this is a huge concern for our membership, perhaps we could order a sample sent to someone in the BOD, who would then load it up until it 'burst'...

Submissions: 106

Posted on Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:08 pm

Daemon_Lotos wrote:
Anything made for a laptop, should carry a tackle box of supplies at least, with no issues.

If this is a huge concern for our membership, perhaps we could order a sample sent to someone in the BOD, who would then load it up until it 'burst'...

Daemon, are you volunteering for the job? Very Happy

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 2. Goto page 1, 2  Next