Some Christmas Ornaments.....pics, of course!
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Gallery Discussion

Submissions: 9

Some Christmas Ornaments.....pics, of course!
Posted on Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:51 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

All are variations of BA and AA.
Red, Euro 4-1 with a 1-1 chain that took me forever to make!!!

This one was everyone's favorite! My daughter and I were secretly hoping that no one would want to buy it, but they did! Guess I know where to get a new one though! lol

Red and Green with mini tree star ornaments. Those mini-tree ornaments are the perfect size for adding to x-mas ornaments btw.

I made another one that is turquoise, but have yet to take a pic of it.

Submissions: 337

Posted on Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:24 pm

Ooo they are fab. I really should make at least one xmas decoration this year, I kinda promised the lady next door who is xmas mad!

Maille Code
V2.0 T7.3 R5.4 Ep Feur MAg/Cu Wm$ Cbjpw$ G0.5/3.0 I1.5/12.0 N322.150 Pajs Dacdjsw Xa7g631p4t24w64 S88 Hipsu

Posted on Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:59 pm

That's a nice looking model in the background Laughing

Serious, this are very good looking ornaments.

Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae. [Of all these the Belgians are the bravest/strongest.]
- Gaius Iulius Caesar, De Bello Gallico I 3

Submissions: 12

Posted on Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:07 pm

How fun!
I might have to do something, too!

Maille Code V1.0 T5.1 R3.6 Feur MAg.t Wcmi Cjwc G2.0/0.6 I38.1/2.5 Pj Dj S99 CCips

Submissions: 2

Posted on Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:28 pm

cool... i'll have to try that. i have a box of clear glass ornaments i bought a few years ago to wrap in some kind of hex weave that i had a tutorial for, but could never get the ring sizes right. this would be a lot easier to get to fit.

Posted on Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:16 pm

The model in the background is wearing a chainmaille shirt and coif! Very Happy

Ornaments ended up really pretty, I think....but they are not as easy as I thought they'd be!!! Trying to wrap a round, slippery, breakable object is a pain in the butt!!! Very Happy But they are nice to look at! I'll probably make more.

Posted on Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:04 pm

Wal-mart sells clear acrylic one piece shatterproof ornaments. The local store also has them in about 12 colors and multiple sizes. I now want to get a pack of the black balls...(that sounded wrong)...but I'm seeing 'goth' christmas ornaments. I'll have to buy the smaller balls because the people I'd make them for have mini-trees.

As a side note you can buy a black christmas tree at walmart...they had pink, light blue, dark blue, red, lime green, and purple also...the black was the coolest but was more expensive...

Submissions: 57

Posted on Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:33 pm

super cool, probably sell great at a show this time of year, great gift Idea too!

Submissions: 6

Posted on Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:07 am

Ya know, I saw black ornaments at Hobby Lobby the other day and I wasn't quite sure if I liked them...but seeing them wrapped in maille might be something to look in to.

Posted on Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:39 pm

I'm going to Hobby Lobby tomorrow! I'm gonna def. look at the black ones!!! Black ornaments with silver colored rings.....oooooooh, that'd be cool!

Submissions: 2

Posted on Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:37 pm

wow, impressive! they are so cool!

Submissions: 8

Posted on Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:41 pm

SWEET!

Hail to the king, baby.

Posted on Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:44 am

Just out of curiosity what sized ornaments were they, how many rings were there on the red one (if you remember) and what were you charging Razz

I know I'm a pain in the butt.. Someone I had referred to this site saw yours, saw my black shatterproof ornaments i bought on sale at wal-mart the other day, and said 'OOOH I WANT...' and promptly proceeded to say 'how much do i owe you' LOL

So I have an order for 5 of them...i just haven't a clue what I'd charge. I know the ornaments were 10 to a box for $4.99 so fifty cents for the ornament itself; and then whatever the rings needed to make one...

I think mine are 4" balls. but i'm not sure i just grabbed a box there's shiny (gloss), satiny finish, and more of a dull matte finish in the same box. Acutally there's 12 in the box so less than $.50 each...I'm just not sure how much I should charge simply because three area factories laid ppl off this week and the friend that's buying is one of the no longer employed...I want to see him get the ornaments to give as gifts I just know I cannot just 'give them to him' without charging something for supplies at least.

Posted on Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:01 pm

will have to get back to you on that gawthfrawg...am busy doing papers right now....will let you know later tonight, hopefully! They are the normal, regular sized bulbs, but I will measure it for you later, if you want. not sure on ring count....I never can keep track of ring count.

I'm charging $10 each...would charge 15, but people around here wouldn't pay it!!! Anyway, I'd say it depends on if you wrap the ornament all the way around or if you just make a dress-type thing that just hangs over the bulb.....if you go all the way around, it's more of a pain in the butt and should cost a bit more.

I used 16ga 3/16" for the euro band going around and 20ga 1/8" for the chains I made.

Posted on Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:04 pm

Alcomene,
Thank you that info does help. I'm off to go play with rings. I'm needing to be distracted so I probably won't be reading/posting for quite a few days.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 2. Goto page 1, 2  Next