FOR SALE: The Ringinator
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Trading Room

Submissions: 0

FOR SALE: The Ringinator
Posted on Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:12 am || Last edited by Martin on Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:24 am; edited 3 times in total
Link to Post: Link to Post

Final info and pics are available here:

http://www.Ringinator.com/

Any questions or comments please PM, email me, or post here.

Now in stock and available for immediate delivery. Use coupon code 2e3313 and get $5 off any order over $20.

--Martin--

Make saw cut rings: http://www.Ringinator.com/

Submissions: 2

Posted on Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:12 pm

I saw you post this in IRC, but allas I was on a 1Mbps connection at the time and didn't dare look considering I was in the middle of Adding a Discount Coupons module and some Security fixes to my shop (Also happens to be OsCommerce Very Happy)

I gotta say, I'm tempted to by one, just for ease of cutting large quantitys of Ni and BA... I've been using a Jewlers saw with a 6/0 blade for everything except Ni, thats a 4/0 and eats 1-1.25 blades / coil Rolling Eyes

Have you tried this on Niobium? Would you be able to show me a pic of what the cuts look like on Niobium. I know Saw cut arn't as good as Jewlers saw cut... But if its flush enough then I'll probably use one.

Also, I noticed free shipping to US, and didn't really bother to look, Would you ship to Canada and How much (even an estimate)?

I like that you powered it by just a cheap power drill, Something I'll probably end up using too Laughing

<a href="http://www.mailleartisans.org/articles/articledisplay.cgi?key=55086"> Maille Code</a> V2.0 T4.7 R4.1 Ep~f Fds MNb.a&Ag.a Wh Capw G1.6/0.6 I6.4/2.0 N28.26 Pj Djs S08
<a href="http://chubbs-99.deviantart.com">Deviant Art</a>

Submissions: 29

Posted on Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:11 pm

I am not trying to take away your customers, but i was looking theough the pics and it dosnt seem like it would be that hard to make one on your own, aslong as you already have the materials, and you are good with getting things lined up correctly, it wouldent look as good as yours though unfortunally, but i do like the look of it, and if i had the money i might be tempted to actually get one

Submissions: 9

Posted on Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:36 pm

If it doesn't cost too much, I'm seriously interested in buying one of these. But I'm in Belgium. What would it cost to ship this thing?

Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae. [Of all these the Belgians are the bravest/strongest.]
- Gaius Iulius Caesar, De Bello Gallico I 3

Posted on Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:23 pm

wakefreak wrote:
I am not trying to take away your customers, but i was looking theough the pics and it dosnt seem like it would be that hard to make one on your own, aslong as you already have the materials, and you are good with getting things lined up correctly, it wouldent look as good as yours though unfortunally, but i do like the look of it, and if i had the money i might be tempted to actually get one

Quite true, and you could try. However how long would it take you? How much would you spend on materials? Tools? Time? Whats that worth to you? Can you work with metal, or would it end up being wood?
Go to home depot, just the nuts and bolts alone are $10. (I know, I checked myself while sourcing them)

Before you know it you've spent $50-100 dollars and 5-6 hours, and even then it might not work.
The whole reason behind this jig is that it just works. Take it out of the box and thats it, you're done.

Quote:
If it doesn't cost too much, I'm seriously interested in buying one of these. But I'm in Belgium. What would it cost to ship this thing?

If I can pack it all into one flat rate envelope as I hope I can, then it will be a flat $13 anywhere in the world. With 5-7 day delivery.

Posted on Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:04 pm

hubby looked at it and really wants one! Very Happy Just so you know, we'll be ordering one in the next couple months...can't right now...but soon. Looks way better than the cutting guide we have now....it pretty much sucks big time.

Thanks for posting this!!!!

Submissions: 1

Posted on Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:09 am

wakefreak wrote:
It dosnt seem like it would be that hard to make one on your own, aslong as you already have the materials, and you are good with getting things lined up correctly

Right. But, then why are people still buying rings from TRL?

Most people do not have these skills.

Most people do not have the interest in engineering or troubleshooting this setup.

Harmony clearly described how to make their rig, and most people couldn't be bothered, they still wanted someone to build it for them.

I've described how to build a spot welder for free, and a few hours of time. No one's been interested, far as I can tell, though I have had a lot of "Hey, can I pay you to build this for me?"

In terms of time alone, just going to the separate stores and buying the components, cutting and assembling them, you'd spend 2-3x in wages than what Martin's rig will cost.

I will not be buying one, because I enjoy tinkering and stuff on my own, but that's just me.

On TRL, Shadowkin is refusing to build his rig until he gets a patent (which costs tens of thousands of dollars). He's all protective. I think if Martin gives exact blueprints and part numbers to his rig, and instructions, he'd lose exactly zero customers. Those that would've built it themselves will simply have a better home-built rig than what they would've built, and those that were gonna buy would buy it anyway. It's simply not worth people's time and effort. There's no overlap between people who could and would build their own yet are afraid of the cost.

If it's good to go out of the box, you're set.

I wanna see how Martin's rig handles sizeable stainless, especially with the motor he has picked out.

I'm also wanting to see Shadowkin's all-in one setup, everything included, all in a case, all professional looking.

Posted on Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:51 pm

Well put Cynake! My husband loves messing around with stuff and making things, but this is something that we just don't have time to mess with. If someone knows how to do it already, and it looks awesome, then we are more than willing to pay the price for it (as long as it's reasonable). A lot more work goes into the planning and acquiring of materials than into the actual building of things like this....and we're more interested in spending time mailling, going to school, and raising a 6 yr. old.

Submissions: 74

Posted on Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:08 am

Cynake wrote:
I think if Martin gives exact blueprints and part numbers to his rig, and instructions, he'd lose exactly zero customers.

i'd have to agree with that, tis on of the resons i freely give out my bp's for many of my ideas.

Cynake wrote:

I wanna see how Martin's rig handles sizeable stainless, especially with the motor he has picked out.

I'm also wanting to see Shadowkin's all-in one setup, everything included, all in a case, all professional looking.

well with that two inch pully he's got on there you can toss on a 1/2hp grinder motor if you wanted too. so stainless is only a matter of Speed and Feeds. (and much cooling)

Shadowkin's? i've seen nothing on his got a link cynake?

Martin: Nice videos lad, the show that it works. but i think you should toss one or two more up showing how it handles smaller rings and a close up of the cut rings. b4 tumbled if posible.

maille Code V2.0 T8.3 R6.4 Ep.f Fper Mfe.s Wsg$ Cpw$ G0.25-2.5 I0.5-30 N31.31 Pa Dacdjw Xa27g37w1 S94

Submissions: 57

Posted on Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:41 am

[quote="Cynake"][quote]

I will not be buying one, because I enjoy tinkering and stuff on my own, but that's just me.

I think if Martin gives exact blueprints and part numbers to his rig, and instructions, he'd lose exactly zero customers.

If it's good to go out of the box, you're set. [quote]

yeah, I think those who would build their own with the help of his blueprint
will build their own anyway, cause that is how they are.

Edit: Sorry somehow screwed the pooch on the quotes.

Submissions: 1

Posted on Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:01 am

MaxumX wrote:
Shadowkin's? i've seen nothing on his got a link cynake?

Nope, lemme go dig that up:

http://www.theringlord.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39159 <-- There ya go.

Posted on Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:35 am

Maxum you need to post a copy of that image you sent me of your design for a standalone cutter. Now that is good design, and probably superior to any of his current ones.

As for videos, I do want to make more of them. I've just been very busy lately. Very Happy

Posted on Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:46 am

do you mean this one?

did i not just send you a pic of it?

maille Code V2.0 T8.3 R6.4 Ep.f Fper Mfe.s Wsg$ Cpw$ G0.25-2.5 I0.5-30 N31.31 Pa Dacdjw Xa27g37w1 S94

Posted on Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:17 am

Yeah you did, but its not mine to publish/post.

Its a sweet machine, thats for sure. But why incorporate an air compressor in it? Why not just put a line-in valve so it can be hooked up to an air compressor? Anyone serious about one of these will have one in their shop.

Posted on Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:58 am

lol. you miss understand the air motor, the motor is air driven. not a compressor..hehe

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 3. Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next