Persian Dragonscale Sheet attempt
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Weaves Discussion

Submissions: 50

Posted on Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:41 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Well, although I said in my immediately previous post that all the images were 7/16" 5/16" combo, the DB Box is actually

Elemental Dragon wrote:
... the 1/2" 3/8" ring combo. Since the submitting of Dragonback Sheet, the sample in the image has been folded over and stitched up into, for lack of a better description, Dragonback Box. The flatter bottom gave the space necessary to connect it this way, and the humped top gives the resulting bulk (it's approximately an inch and a quarter square, inch a and a half from end of one arm to the opposite arm) a plus shaped cross section.

It also is about 4 inches long in the pics.

Comprehensive Diameter Database: Web Page | Online Spreadsheet | About the database

"When you have bigger wire, you make bigger maille. It's neat like that." -Cynake, January 15, 2009

Submissions: 42

Posted on Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:13 pm

Really nice ED! I especially like the Dragonback Box and Persian Dragontail. Thanks for re-pointing out the stats, I think I have some more new things to try out over Christmas. Thanks. Very Happy

Once you stop learning, you stop living, so...
Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

MailleCode V2.0 T5.3 R4.4 E0.0 Feur MFe.sBr Wg Cwb G.7-5.1 I3.1-11 N20.5 Pj Dcdjt Xa1w2 S08

Posted on Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:28 am

As a side note, the reason I mentioned the flatter bottom of the Dragonback regarding the Dragonback Box is that I meant to also mention that the Persian Dragonscale Sheet would not box up that way with that particular ring combination because it has a hump on either side that inhibits folding.

Third time's the charm, I guess Smile

Comprehensive Diameter Database: Web Page | Online Spreadsheet | About the database

"When you have bigger wire, you make bigger maille. It's neat like that." -Cynake, January 15, 2009

Posted on Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:45 am

Well, I went to take some good pictures of all of this stuff today, and a few other bits I've been doing, and a "What if #3" occurred to me.

What if #3 is stitching two HP3 chains together top to bottom. This is an EPH tube that requires same handedness on the HP3 chains. Working on the "sheet" version right now (well, taking a break to type this Smile), but the chain version works nicely with the 7/16" 5/16" combo I've used for most of this. Results in a chain that has one side like Persian Dragonscale and one side like Persian Dragontail.

Okay, back to work.

Jump to:  
Page 4 of 4. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4