Shipping article(s) question(s).
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Articles Discussion

Submissions: 12

Shipping article(s) question(s).
Posted on Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:45 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

As I had posted in the articles wanted thread I am working on an article about 'shipping' one's finished products, based on several factors. I have some questions and I'm not sure where it would've been appropriate to ask.

So here goes: I know the majority of our members originate from 3 countries (that I can see anyway). The UK; Canada & the US. Not saying this covers everyone. Simply that from the posts I've read more than half are covered by these 3 locations. I do know there are several people in Australia also.

I had the article almost done...and then looked at its length and how confusing it could be for people in any one country to find the information that pertains to them. What I'm now doing is breaking the one large article down into smaller articles each based on the originating area.

My questions are quite simple I hope...

For UK, Canada, & Australia residents when you mail/ship anything does the package weight get measured in grams & Kilograms? I'm assuming yes as this standard measure for most places other than the US.

Do those 3 countries postal services have customs forms for shipping overseas?

And does the Royal Mail cover all of the UK or just England?

Lastly if there's enough interest for articles involving other countries, let me know I'll be more than happy to research the shipping methods on a country's respective postal service website.

I'm also trying to do one involving UPS to/from almost any location but that is proving a bit confusing even for me.

Thank you in advance.

Submissions: 337

Posted on Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:59 am

Question 1. yes

2. yes and in the UK you have to use a certain shipping method for jewellery (gold & silver) or it won't be covered in the standard insurance. Best to ask at the time of posting.

3. The Royal Mail is no longer the Royal Mail but The Post Office and yes they cover all of the UK.

Maille Code
V2.0 T7.3 R5.4 Ep Feur MAg/Cu Wm$ Cbjpw$ G0.5/3.0 I1.5/12.0 N322.150 Pajs Dacdjsw Xa7g631p4t24w64 S88 Hipsu

Submissions: 0

Posted on Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:21 am

Yes Australia uses the metric system (Kilos and grams) and Yes we have to use customs forms from Australia Post to send things outside Oz. Also a dangerous goods declaration (that you are not posting said items)

Im not sure about the different insurances for Jewellery but They should be on the web site.

The article sounds like it will be very useful! Well done! (lots of time for you though Rolling Eyes )

Lyn

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1