ror admin only
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> M.A.I.L. Help

Submissions: 2

ror admin only
Posted on Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:13 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

pls could i/we/whoever get more specific drections on posting articuls and sumisions pls if so pls give dir if not well ???
shrugg

if i am the chief of sinners am i not also the chief of sufferes

Submissions: 62

Posted on Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:38 am

you go to submit (in the upper bar) click what you want to submit, and you put in the requested stuff.

take a look at the information needed (click what your going to submit in the submit area)

<a href="http://www.greatbodyofwater.blogspot.com">Great Body Of Water Music Blog</a> run by me and my friend.

Submissions: 45

Posted on Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:43 pm

If you would like guidance on *how* to submit an article or other items, see what hockeyweirdo suggested.

If you're looking for guidance on *what* to put in an article, that becomes a lot harder to define. The current suggestion on the website says "Any sort of article is welcome, as long as it deals with some aspect of chainmaille. ", which honestly isn't quite true. I think it's about time I rework that page to be more clear and more specific.

In a nutshell, there's a difference (or should be) between a post on the bulletin board, and an article. Posts on the board are great for asking questions, discussing items, and posting short snippets of info on things you've found while mailling (among many other things, too). Articles are meant for tutorials and in-depth research. They are *usually* longer than an average post (not always) and often include pictures (usually a must for tutorials). The purpose of an article is to educate somebody on a topic, so it must be clear and concise. Sometimes I'll let an especially 'small' article through because it contains information that gets asked a billion times.

A spell-checker also works wonders. Seriously.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.--Bertrand Russell

Maille Code V2.0 T6.4 R5.4 E=o.o Fj6.2 MAl.a W$m C$b G0.5-2.6 I1.6-9.5 N20.26 Pn Dacjs Xa25g13w5 S00 CCu

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1