Auto Log-in isn't working.
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> M.A.I.L. Help

Submissions: 15

Auto Log-in isn't working.
Posted on Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:46 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Just thought I'd drop a note, in case anyone else is having this problem.

I've noticed recently the "Log me in each visit" button/checkbox isn't working and I have to log in each time,,even though I keep cheking that box.

yes..I have cookies enabled in case that was your first questions. I have all the boards I visit log me in automatically when I visit. This is the only one that has quit doing that.

Smile Just thought it might be something to look into. Smile
Thanks.

Rygar
http://home.roadrunner.com/~chainreaction

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."

--Terry Pratchett

Submissions: 93

Posted on Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:08 am

The auto-login only works for the board, not the site. Even if you get to the site homepage and are not logged in, if you click on any of the boards, it should log you in again.

No one's figured out how to integrate this feature with the site code as yet...

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."

— George Bernard Shaw

Maille Code V1.0 T5.7 R5.1 Fhd MCu Wc Cd G2.03/.56 I9.75/3.25 Pn Dacdjs S97 CCi

Submissions: 15

Posted on Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:48 am

Yup. I realize that. Actually,,that's how I figured out it wasn't working to begin with. everytime is look at the boards now..It says there are no new posts since my last visit according to the icons. I look at the dates and obviously there are. I then log in and Whammo..there are the icons working again, showing me whats new and whats not.

Like I said..this is just recent, and it's only with this board. Thats why I don't think it's a problem with my computer and thought I'd let you know.

Rygar
http://home.roadrunner.com/~chainreaction

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."

--Terry Pratchett

Posted on Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:55 pm

Hmm...

OK, let's figure this out. I need more data.

Anyone else out there having the same problem?

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."

— George Bernard Shaw

Submissions: 11

Posted on Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:09 pm

Sorta .. the new post icons in the forums -never- work for me when I'm at home, even after I've logged in. They do the job fine on both of my office machines though. I have IE 6 at home, running XP; both office machines are on Win2k, running IE 5.5

This may be an issue with my home machine, but I'm not sure what it would be. I know it's not loading an older cached version of the page though; as I've set it to get the new version every time it loads a page.

Submissions: 8

Posted on Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:36 pm

I do have to log in fairly frequently, I just figured it was a fast expiring cookie or something. The post indicators work great for me. The only thing I can't do is upload pics no matter what I do.

Posted on Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:55 pm

The next time you try to submit and this happens, can you view the page source, copy it, and PM it to me, so I can see the problem?

— George Bernard Shaw

Posted on Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:17 pm

Okay, you can shoot me now. I have no idea why it worked this time, but it did. (Got to love software.) I'll go away now. Coif Smiley

Posted on Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:13 pm

Don't fash yourself unduly.

There *is* a real problem with the way our submission code interoperates with some people's browsers. It's just that no one can ever pin down the bug long enough for me to see it, and poke at it enough to find the problem...

— George Bernard Shaw

Posted on Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:20 pm

Thanks! Coif Smiley

Submissions: 7

Posted on Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:03 pm

I don't get an error or anything, but when I log in to "My Mail" most of the time it doesn't show all the information. The title at the top reads Welcome,

It shows some of my information, but it doesn't show my submissions. It shows that I am a General Editor, but since I've been back it's only allowed editorial authority once. If you want I can PM my pword if you want to test it.

Plus I keep getting

Invalid_session

pages if I take too long researching a post while I'm writing it.

edit was changing formatting

(accidental alliteration)

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1