comments for gallery
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Requests

Submissions: 10

comments for gallery
Posted on Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:34 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Hi there,

I was wondering if you guys could add a comments link to the gallery pictures. People could click on the link and give the submiter some feedback on their work and read other peoples comments. I think most people would like to read what others think of their work (hopefully people won't be too critical either. Very Happy )

I know you have alot on your plate right now with all the people that are submiting stuff, but I just thought I'd suggest it.

Thanks,

-Frostmage

The Blacksmith and the Artist
Each must know his part
To forge their creativity
Closer to the Heart

-Neil Peart

Submissions: 93

Posted on Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:53 am

That's the whole purpose of having a gallery discussion room, so you can give and receive feedback on submissions....

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."

— George Bernard Shaw

Maille Code V1.0 T5.7 R5.1 Fhd MCu Wc Cd G2.03/.56 I9.75/3.25 Pn Dacdjs S97 CCi

Submissions: 11

Posted on Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:29 pm

I'm pretty sure the suggestion was more along the lines of something that connected a bit more directly with the submission itself. I would like to see something along these lines myself, and I will start with a bit more indepth suggestion. I really like the way the galleries are set up at deviant art, but I think a more appropriate way to do that here, at least for the gallery and weaves areas, would be, at the time of submission the script also generates a thread in the appropriate forum using the text in the submission as the message text, with a link back to the submission itself (and maybe that link could be a thumbnail of the submission). This would have a big advantage over other places that have commented galleries (such as devart) in that you can simply look in the forum and see what is being talked about, where in the other types of scripts there is really no way to know what submissions are being discussed.

As much as I like it here, I would also love to see some things a bit more integrated Smile.

Submissions: 93

Posted on Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:43 pm

Yeah, I've been looking into a scheme for that.

It's not hard, but I'm going to need to alter the site database, which is something I do only after a great deal of thought and double-checking.

I don't want the submit code and the discussion board code wrestling over unique message id's and the like, we've already got enough of those bugs Wink

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."

— George Bernard Shaw

Maille Code V1.0 T5.7 R5.1 Fhd MCu Wc Cd G2.03/.56 I9.75/3.25 Pn Dacdjs S97 CCi

Submissions: 10

Posted on Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:17 pm

Well there ya go. Smile

That's a good idea... then you could also perhaps supply a link in the gallery picture that takes you to the forum. (hey... I'm no rocket scientist ... or computer programer, so my suggestion wasn't as detailed as I would have liked.) Very Happy

The Blacksmith and the Artist
Each must know his part
To forge their creativity
Closer to the Heart

-Neil Peart

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1