Bundle of proposals related to weave theory & family
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Articles Discussion

Submissions: 0

Bundle of proposals related to weave theory & family
Posted on Tue May 28, 2019 5:31 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

I spent quite a bit of time looking through articles and forum posts trying to track down some definitions. The basic problem I'm trying to solve is having a (ideally) single, easy-to-find article with definitions of weave tags. There are already many excellent resources on the site where the information exists, it's just a matter of making that information a little easier to track down.

There are a bunch of ways to potentially accomplish this. Here are some proposals.

Any of:

1. Update the excellent Weave Theory - Discussion; Terminology... to include definitions for the Mage and Mobius families.
2. Update Weave Tag Definitions to include family definitions.
3. Unify Weave Theory - Discussion; Terminology... and Weave Tag Definitions into one canonical Tag Definition page; alternately, only include one to be considered canonical in the Beginner article category.
4. Add Weave Families Article

I would be happy to draft up a Weave Families article if that seems like it would be useful. I just wanted to check in first and avoid further muddying the waters.

Additionally I'd like to request--

Would it be possible to add a top-level links for the Weave Theory article tag/category?

I see that a tag already exists for Weave Theory but I would find it super helpful to have a link from the Articles navigation drop-down, as well as from the Articles Home page.

I'm new around here, so I'm not entirely sure how such things are handled. Apologies if I missed a relevant discussion on the topic, if this isn't the right area to post this, or if I otherwise misstepped.

Submissions: 20

Re: Bundle of proposals related to weave theory & family
Posted on Tue May 28, 2019 1:49 pm

alissathorne wrote:
I spent quite a bit of time looking through articles and forum posts trying to track down some definitions. The basic problem I'm trying to solve is having a (ideally) single, easy-to-find article with definitions of weave tags. There are already many excellent resources on the site where the information exists, it's just a matter of making that information a little easier to track down.

There are a bunch of ways to potentially accomplish this. Here are some proposals.

Any of:

1. Update the excellent Weave Theory - Discussion; Terminology... to include definitions for the Mage and Mobius families.
2. Update Weave Tag Definitions to include family definitions.
3. Unify Weave Theory - Discussion; Terminology... and Weave Tag Definitions into one canonical Tag Definition page; alternately, only include one to be considered canonical in the Beginner article category.
4. Add Weave Families Article

I would be happy to draft up a Weave Families article if that seems like it would be useful. I just wanted to check in first and avoid further muddying the waters.

Additionally I'd like to request--

Would it be possible to add a top-level links for the Weave Theory article tag/category?

I see that a tag already exists for Weave Theory but I would find it super helpful to have a link from the Articles navigation drop-down, as well as from the Articles Home page.

I'm new around here, so I'm not entirely sure how such things are handled. Apologies if I missed a relevant discussion on the topic, if this isn't the right area to post this, or if I otherwise misstepped.

There's no wrong place for any of this! Feel free to hammer out some of these suggestions here: http://www.mailleartisans.org/board/viewtopic.php?t=15022
As well.

But really, anywhere you can promote discussion, and get your ideas out! GO FOR IT!

MAIL needs active members.

And I need to be more on the ball.

It's a win-win.

Submissions: 42

Posted on Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:17 am

I don't know how I missed this for so long. I would encourage you to do a families article. I was working on it at one time, but it was hard to nail down definitions.

Once you stop learning, you stop living, so...
Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

MailleCode V2.0 T5.3 R4.4 E0.0 Feur MFe.sBr Wg Cwb G.7-5.1 I3.1-11 N20.5 Pj Dcdjt Xa1w2 S08

Submissions: 28

Posted on Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:04 pm

Weave theory, in my opinion, has its roots in a handful of forum threads (which resulted in those articles).

Lots of questions and discussions in which some members were nice enough to summarize into tidy articles for others to read.

I'm not aware of anyone working on a weave family article. If you do take a shot, don't hesitate to lean on the community forums for added knowledge.

alissathorne wrote:
The basic problem I'm trying to solve is having a (ideally) single, easy-to-find article with definitions of weave tags.

I'm aware that it isn't linked nicely into the non-forum part of the website, but there is a pinned thread in the "weave discussions" subforum:
Weave Tag Definitions

while(!project.isFinished())
project.addRing();
// Maille Code V2.0 T7.1 R5.6 Eo.n Fper MFe.s Wsm Caws G0.8-1.6 I2.4-8.0 Pn Dcdejst Xw1 S07

Submissions: 19

Posted on Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:49 pm

I have strong opinions on tags, and I Will be postningen a topic, breakens down the tags, and try to look for needed ones.

Total Nerd: MScDS, Mailler, Gamer.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1