Unusual Dice Bag, advice requested.
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 0

Unusual Dice Bag, advice requested.
Posted on Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:01 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

So I've been in chainmaille for a few years now and I decided that it's time to make a replacement dice bag to the one that I made as my first project. So I was looking through the library and came across a few different weaves and an idea bloomed in my head to combine the 2 weaves in some form or fashion to get a bag out of it. The weaves in question are Aura and Radiate. So I started out with Aura as the base and I'm not sure how to go about transitioning into Radiate or even if I should after showing what I had to the creator of the Radiate weave. He suggested to continue with a full on Aura bag. So I guess my overall question is somewhat twofold. If I transition from Aura into Radiate, what's the best way to transition the weaves? Or if I stick with full on Aura, in what fashion would I be able to contract or expand the weave so I don't end up with a big circular mess of a thing? I have included a picture of what I have thus far and thanks in advance for any advice.

https://i.imgur.com/2LIruWh.jpg

Submissions: 30

Posted on Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:44 am

This is a very hard thing to describe how to do even if anyone knew a way to do it. Whenever I need to figure out a never-been-documented transition I just start connecting rings and trying over and over again until it works out. I think that these weaves are compatible so it should be possible.

Submissions: 22

Posted on Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:37 am

For reference: Aura, Aura Sheet, Radiate

Just a wild guess, as I've never used any of these weaves:
I think you should put a single big ring + two connectors of a Aura unit, and then use it as a base to start Radiate.
But I'm not sure it's a good idea to make a dice bag out of Radiate, as it doesn't look very flexible, and I'm not sure how to make expansions/contractions with it.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1