Newbie Introduction & Induction (Part the 2nd)
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 0

Posted on Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:38 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Greetings all, my name is Chris and I found out about this site from the book Chained which I received as a gift from my wife this Christmas.
I've been making all kinds of jewelry for about 25 years, with a particular interest in chain & metal work, guess my wife has some ideas of new methods I should try!

I hope to get to learn much from many of you with more experience than I have, and I hope that I might be able to help any of you as well, if we learn from our mistakes, than I've learned lots!

Thanks for these opportunities

Posted on Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:10 am

Coif LoL I'm fairly new to maille, but I am already addicted. I have done a helm weave, sweet pea and a centipede weave. I tried a Byzantine today and ended up with something totally different. I'll have to post a pic and someone may know what I made. ?? I have make other types of jewelry for 4-5 years now. Mostly beading, but I have done some wire wrapping.

I live in Hinckley, Ohio with my husband, three sons and two cats (the cats are my husband's pets. As a jewelry maker, I would prefer a pet that doesn't steal my stringing supplies) My day job is an optometrist assistant, so I need a creative outlet on my off days and lunch breaks. I often design jewelry with the Bible in mind and usually name my pieces with Bible themes. I also enjoy hiking and rock climbing when the weather cooperates.

I hope I didn't bore you guys with my long post Very Happy

Submissions: 8

Ohio
Posted on Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:25 pm

joyfullme wrote:
Coif LoL I'm fairly new to maille, but I am already addicted. I have done a helm weave, sweet pea and a centipede weave. I tried a Byzantine today and ended up with something totally different. I'll have to post a pic and someone may know what I made. ?? I have make other types of jewelry for 4-5 years now. Mostly beading, but I have done some wire wrapping.

I live in Hinckley, Ohio with my husband, three sons and two cats (the cats are my husband's pets. As a jewelry maker, I would prefer a pet that doesn't steal my stringing supplies) My day job is an optometrist assistant, so I need a creative outlet on my off days and lunch breaks. I often design jewelry with the Bible in mind and usually name my pieces with Bible themes. I also enjoy hiking and rock climbing when the weather cooperates.

I hope I didn't bore you guys with my long post Very Happy

I live in Ohio too! If it wasn't for you I might have thought that I was the only one who made Chainmaille in Ohio.

Posted on Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:39 pm

Hi! I'm Liz. I'm a very recently divorced mother of 2 teenage turbo nerds who adore doing crafty stuff with their momma. My mother and introduced them to the local S.C.A., N.E.R.O. and S.O.L.A.R. larping groups, which they loved.

I -=AM=- the Lyzzard of Odd!

Submissions: 2

Posted on Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:39 pm

I have looked many times and used your how-toos, but thought this year I should join for real instead of peeping. So 2014 here I am.

Looking forward to chatting.

A Newbie, who tries..

Submissions: 76

Posted on Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:57 pm

Greetings Lyzzard and Pricey,
Welcome and feel free to keep peeping around Pricey.

The "New Here?" doesn't work right at the moment, but if you have any questions feel free to ask them in the forums. And the articles also have loads of information.

Have fun and Happy maillin'

Posted on Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:52 am

Salutations, I am new to this forum and new to maille(6mo practice).
I mainly use copper wire remnant, of different gauge, purchased at my local hardware store to hand make rings of many diameter. Although I occasionally make simple jewelry pieces using multiple weaves, my main project is a 14 gauge copper 1/2"id European 6-in-1 sheet. I have no intentions, at the moment, with the piece.

Posted on Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:02 pm

Rolling Eyes Hi this is Sharpsilk...wanting to be here, wanting to learn

Judith K Sharp

Hi
Posted on Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:49 am

My name is Trish and I have recently been introduces to Maille and have been learning/practicing for only a month now. I have my sister hooked as well. I find creating the chains in the tutorials to be very helpful. This also helps me train my ADHD brain to stay focused, blocking all other thoughts out and getting creative. So a huge THANK YOU FOR ALL WHO POST TUTORIALS.
I cannot wait to expand on what I am learning here. The tutorials I have found on this site have been an enormous help and blessing.

Posted on Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:21 am

Always looking for the easy patterns to start with. Coif LoL

Hi
Posted on Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:18 pm

Hi, my name is Fiona and I'm from Melbourne Australia. I've been 'playing' with chainmaille for a little over a year now, and I've made a couple of OK pieces. I want to learn more weaves and also learn and understand aspect ratios. Chainmaille has become a bit of therapy for me. I can shut out the world and open and close jump rings all day if I didn't have to work for a living. Anyway, that's it for now. Smile

Greetings and Salutations!
Posted on Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:45 am

Saying hello at this point seems redundant as my subject does just that, but "hello" nonetheless. I go by Xavier, and I am a proud hack writer. You can even see that proud declaration on my profile page. I am new to message boards, have worked in chain maille on and off for a decade, and once was a member here, but lost all knowledge of the account login and all that jazz. I prefer to work in copper, brass, and variations of silver.

Sometimes Turkish Weave reminds me of the structure of DNA.

X

Submissions: 2

Salutations
Posted on Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:06 pm

My name is Britain (Yes that is my real name). I live in Tx and I am a full Time Student. I've been mailling for about a year or so now so I'm relatively new. I normally do jewelry (Which I've been doing in general for about 3 years) but I am trying to move up to bigger things and I am attempting scale maille! So yeah, not much to say! Very Happy

Submissions: 61

Re: Hi
Posted on Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:10 pm

Fiona_Mc wrote:
Hi, my name is Fiona and I'm from Melbourne Australia. I've been 'playing' with chainmaille for a little over a year now, and I've made a couple of OK pieces. I want to learn more weaves and also learn and understand aspect ratios. Chainmaille has become a bit of therapy for me. I can shut out the world and open and close jump rings all day if I didn't have to work for a living. Anyway, that's it for now. Smile

Yay, fellow Melbournian! Welcome!

Craft isn't cheaper than therapy, but it's more fun.
http://www.essence-of-eclectic.com

Submissions: 10

Hi!
Posted on Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:53 pm

Hi,

My name is Shannon and I'm from Kentucky. I just started playing with maille three days ago, but I've always been into crafting and renaissance fair type stuff. I've already stocked up on handmade dresses, and leatherwork, so this seems to fit in!

I just finished my first piece last night, so now I have to find a new idea! Laughing

Jump to:  
Page 58 of 90. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 88, 89, 90  Next