Other hobbies?
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Chat

Submissions: 11

Posted on Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:09 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Nárrína wrote:
and when not little rings it's other techniques such as Steampunk

Steampunk is a technique now? *grins* And here I just thought it was an aestetic/lifestyle...

Submissions: 97

Posted on Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:33 pm

Jax25 wrote:
Nárrína wrote:
and when not little rings it's other techniques such as Steampunk

Steampunk is a technique now? *grins* And here I just thought it was an aestetic/lifestyle...

Lol, that first and foremost, but when it comes to my jewelry, I throw it in with techniques as my approach to that kind of jewelry is different than the other forms I make as regards to construction and design.

Insistence is futile.

We are the Quartz, lower your shovels and surrender your rocks. We will add your gemological and mineralogical distinctiveness to our own. You will adapt to service us. Resistance is rutile.

Handmaden Designs LLC
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Handmade Artists Shop
Author Website

Submissions: 10

Posted on Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:35 pm

My major hobby for the past few years has been learning circus arts; I'm currently taking classes in acrobatics and gymnastics wheel, and training on the straps outside of class. (If you search for Zlosk on YouTube, there are a few videos.) I still homebrew every so often, but now that good beer is readily available (Chicago currently has a booming craft beer scene), I don't do it as much as I once did. Other than that, I've been playing videogames (currently Orcs Must Die, soon to be Skyrim), and I just finished reading a book about data compression, so I hope to be playing around/programming again in the near future.

IGP (Irregular Grid Painter) Links:
Home | FAQ | Downloads

Submissions: 18

Posted on Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:37 pm

oh other hobbies.....

lets see I do a bit of programming and building electronics, I read a lot (reading up now on blacksmithing as a future hobby), chemistry as both a job and a hobby, cooking, video games, a bit of sculpture, reddit and web comics, board games and magic the gathering and every so often one-shot RP's

Submissions: 0

Posted on Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:44 pm

wargames, whisky and fencing ( lol reading that sounds strange Smile )

Submissions: 106

Posted on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:34 pm

Zlosk wrote:
My major hobby for the past few years has been learning circus arts; I'm currently taking classes in acrobatics and gymnastics wheel, and training on the straps outside of class. (If you search for Zlosk on YouTube, there are a few videos.) I still homebrew every so often, but now that good beer is readily available (Chicago currently has a booming craft beer scene), I don't do it as much as I once did. Other than that, I've been playing videogames (currently Orcs Must Die, soon to be Skyrim), and I just finished reading a book about data compression, so I hope to be playing around/programming again in the near future.

Zlosk, you crack me up. Very Happy

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Submissions: 10

Posted on Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:22 am

Other hobbies, crikey that's quite a bit. There's writing, my major one. Still working on getting published though, hehe. Like a lot of other people here, there's gaming, a lot of table-top stuff, though I do venture into Dwarf Fortress every now and then. Also into making games, been working with the OHRRPGCE for some time now.

Speaking of gaming, what's everyone think of doing a play-by-post D&D game or something here?

_________

Being from the third world, BMR claims the right to speak in the third person.

Submissions: 4

Posted on Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:41 pm

I seem to be well spread out when it comes to hobbies. I like to juggle, I can juggle five balls. I am also quite skilled with a diabolo, I can do three of them on a string. If you aren't familiar with a diabolo, I would highly suggest finding them on youtube. I own a forge and occasionally make a couple pieces with that. I practice kendo and cutting with a katana, my thickest tree cut with one cut is 5". I like to do mig welding on the weekends, that's how I made my forge and grinder stand. I can ride a unicycle fairly well. I used to make model rockets. I am perty darn good at throwing pots on the pottery wheel. I am currently learning how to make blown glass. Lets see, what have we covered so far, I can me a potter, a mailler, a welder, a glassblower, a blacksmith, a juggler, or a modelmaker. Yeah, I seem to be all over the place.

Posted on Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:49 pm

BMR wrote:
Other hobbies, crikey that's quite a bit. There's writing, my major one. Still working on getting published though, hehe. Like a lot of other people here, there's gaming, a lot of table-top stuff, though I do venture into Dwarf Fortress every now and then. Also into making games, been working with the OHRRPGCE for some time now.

Speaking of gaming, what's everyone think of doing a play-by-post D&D game or something here?

D&D via forum thread sounds fun to me. Smile

Submissions: 20

Posted on Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:00 pm

Jax25 wrote:
BMR wrote:

D&D via forum thread sounds fun to me. Smile

I might be down for that... Haven't played in years... Used to DM a bit too...
AD&D 2E though Razz None of this d20 B.S.

Submissions: 100

Posted on Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:05 am

but who will throw the dice?

Posted on Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:35 am

Random number generator?

Submissions: 69

Posted on Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:27 pm

Hobbies? I thought this was my hobby until it suddenly went serious. LEGO robots would be my other thing.

I can also juggle (but only 3 balls) and I like poi twirling, but I'm fairly crap at it. I use to be very much into film photography but I don't have a darkroom and they are starting to look at me strangely when I take in a roll of film and ask for a new one.....mostly because some places have even stopped stocking film.

Kelly Clitheroe
Maille_Fantasy

Maille Fantasy
What we do in life echoes in eternity-Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator 2000)

Submissions: 582

Posted on Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:09 pm

Maille_Fantasy wrote:
I can also juggle (but only 3 balls).

Chainmail taught me how to juggle. Or rather, I made juggling balls out of chainmail, then taught myself to juggle with them. Also only 3. Beyond 3 gets ridiculous.

There is no such thing as weave ownership. If someone produces a weave sample, they own that physical piece of mail, but not rights to the weave pattern itself.
Chainmailbasket.com (2019-01-01) - 376 + 79

Submissions: 79

Posted on Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:53 pm

Daemon_Lotos wrote:

I might be down for that... Haven't played in years... Used to DM a bit too...
AD&D 2E though Razz None of this d20 B.S.

this is shocking..

do you also advocate the use of dos 6.22?

you know what's nice? not having to memorize every table from the players handbook.

PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Jump to:  
Page 2 of 4. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next