I'm a Newbie
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 0

I'm a Newbie
Posted on Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:32 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Hi I've belonged to the site for awhile but haven't been very active. I love making maille jewelry but have been away from that for awhile.. I'm back and would love to learn some of those weaves that have alluded me in the past. Last night I was working on Viper Basket Weave but keep losing it on that so today i'm going to try it two tone and see if that helps me ..

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Marilyn from Massachusetts.. wife, mother, grandmother and business owner. Plus I love sewing, jewelry making and computer games..

Submissions: 10

Posted on Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:09 am

Cheers! And welcome to M.A.I.L.!

_________

Being from the third world, BMR claims the right to speak in the third person.

Submissions: 11

Posted on Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:17 pm

Hello Marilyn! Welcome to the madness. Smile How is the weave coming along?

Submissions: 1

Posted on Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:30 am

Welcome and well come. "You can't chop your Mama up in Massachusetts..." especially if you armor her in mail first.

Which may indicate that my mailling interest is in mail armoring, such articles as shirts, mail sleeves, mail faulds, camails that hang from helmets, covering the neck and shoulders, and so forth. I've taken a few slight pokes at making riveted links to make the real hard stuff. Perhaps one day I shall begin a riveted knee-length hauberk, though my first riveted mail project will be one of those camails, to replace the butted-link camail I presently have installed on my helmet. I'm fairly typical of the mailler who came at mail via the Society for Creative Anachronism, as distinct from (not opposed to) the handicraft jewelry mailler.

'The Minstrel Boy to the War is gone...'

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1