Help with a school assignment
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Chat

Submissions: 27

Help with a school assignment
Posted on Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:57 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

This will only take a minute or two, for non-U.S. residents. Please come up with a short answer to each of these two questions. One sentence is plenty. I also need a 1st name and the country you’re in. thanks.

1) What do you think is the most difficult challenge for U.S. businesses that want to do business in your country?”
2) What advice or suggestions do you have for American companies that want to do business in your country?

"By the manner of their death we shall know them."

Submissions: 100

Posted on Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:56 am

Dan Canada

1) we make most everything the USA does and are big on buying Canadian.

2) Make something we don't or make it just as well but cheaper.

Submissions: 10

Posted on Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:56 am

Philippines

1. Actually, I'd say that here, American companies are already doing well. Most Filipinos will, sadly, look at foreign products as being superior to anything made in the country and will thus look at our products as being "for the masses" rather than for the middle and upper classes.

2. Keep on doing what they're doing pretty much. Also, cater to the upper classes and everyone else will, like sheep, follow.

Cynical much? Perhaps.

_________

Being from the third world, BMR claims the right to speak in the third person.

Submissions: 16

Posted on Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:55 pm

Ruben, Germany

1. Although we think of 'made in germany' as something better then made in other countrys, most of us don't care that much. Sadly, the price is mostly more important then the quality of the product - and even oftener, the brand of the product is all that matters. So, your biggest problem would be to have a name that everybody just thinks of as 'cool' and 'good'. Even Beer from other countrys sell good, if the brand is well known. And we germans are supposed to be the best bearmakers in the world.

2. My tip would be; Make something of being American, ask yourself why your product is american (or make something up!) and you have a good start. America gives the image of being global, of freedom, innovation, top of the notch. It doesn't matter how true it is, the name is worth something.

Addition; I'm proud of a lot of stuff germany produces, but I don't always buy german, even with products where I see the german product as the far superior.

Submissions: 100

Posted on Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:12 pm

I'm curious if this is maille specific market research or general?

Submissions: 0

Posted on Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:14 pm

Interested to learn how this project worked out!

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1