M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Chat

Submissions: 2

Posted on Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:17 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Submissions: 4

Posted on Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:44 pm

BigTitann wrote:

I'm confused as to what this means. It seems BigT has erased all his posts in this thread and replaced them with an ellipsis. Does this mean he thought better of his posts and wanted to get rid of them or is he mad at us? Or perhaps another reason? I hope I didn't say anything to offend him, but I can't apologize if I don't know what is wrong.

Submissions: 2

Posted on Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:57 pm

I found it disrespectful to bring up the past and make the thread about me.

Submissions: 42

Posted on Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:08 pm

BigTitann I don't think anybody was trying to disrespect you in any way. In fact the fact that this situation reminds people of yours a while back should be a compliment to you. Nobody is picking on you simply pointing out similarities and pointing to you that you have now become a contributing member of this community.

The pawlow thing just happened to be a byproduct of many cultures using a common language and how things are translated differently.

I have actually come to miss you where you were gone for a while and and glad that you are able to participate as much as you do now. You seemed to miss in my last post that I was sincerely trying to pay you a compliment. I hope it came through this time.

Once you stop learning, you stop living, so...
Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

MailleCode V2.0 T5.3 R4.4 E0.0 Feur MFe.sBr Wg Cwb G.7-5.1 I3.1-11 N20.5 Pj Dcdjt Xa1w2 S08

Submissions: 149

Posted on Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:08 pm

BigTitann wrote:
I found it disrespectful to bring up the past and make the thread about me.

Well, if you insist in shooting your own leg - I thought I clearly stated that it was like '...having HAD a behavior [...] somewhen... '. So I concluded, that if someone like BigT could develop into a productive member of MAIL, able to follow and use the common rules of human communication, I would hesitate to deny that possibility for others - while not having really much hope in Jex' case, currently...

-ZiLi-

Maille Code V2.0 T7.1 R5.6 Ep Fper MAl Ws$ Cpbsw$ G0.3-6.4 I1.0-30.0 N28.25 Ps Dacdejst Xagtw S08 Hip

Human societies are like chain mail.
A single link will be worth nothing.
A chain is of use, but will break at the weakest link.
A weak weave will have the need to replace weak links.
A strong weave will survive even with weak links included.
-'me

Submissions: 0

Posted on Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:05 pm

BigT, I'm not party to what previously happened, but my view based on this thread is that those who are commenting about what happened with you are using your positive outcome as a shining example of what good things can come from a rocky beginning. It is a compliment to you, truly.

It seems to still be a sore spot with you, but it looks as everyone else has moved on about it and can look back on it with fondness.

Submissions: 0

Posted on Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:10 pm

I think BigTitann has shown marked progress in his communication, maille, even photography – which is more than what can be said for a lot of folks here (including me). I think he has done and continues to do a great job, and I admire his continued advancement. Smile

I think it was less-than-courteous snark to reference the past in his case. For those of you so concerned with “contributions”, do you really think that calling out an individual (or “hinting” at this individual in such an obvious manner) is really constructive? If you’re going to call someone out like that, and you really don’t intend offense, the least you could do is consider the medium – it’s easy for folks to take things negatively, unless you clearly try to convey positive views.

BigTitann, it’s also easy to misunderstand folks online sometimes…I can see why you were offended at some of the remarks, I actually was as well. But I went back and re-read them. MusicMan and Zili were actually complimenting you. But I do understand your reaction at some of the other remarks recalling past events. I don’t think that your name should have been mentioned at all - that was tasteless.

I do hope you know that there are folks who are proud of your work – you really have a great deal of enthusiasm when it comes to maille, and it shows! I hope that you keep up the great work, I always look forward to seeing your photos. Coif Smiley

Submissions: 20

Posted on Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:19 pm

See....
This is why I labelled this thread 'Probably Part 1'... I knew it would get out of hand eventually...

*deletes a few posts directly above him in the thread*

*commences searching for his keys to lock the thread*

Jump to:  
Page 3 of 3. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3