'Love Knots' by Clever Wench
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Weaves Discussion

Submissions: 34

Posted on Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:54 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Phong wrote:
oneringshortofafullcoil wrote:
This thread has evolved way past the point it was originally designed for, and should probably left to die, mostly it seems like bickering now, why don't we, if that is the intention, start a new thread debating new guidelines for defining a weave? If that is our intention here. Which seems to be the main valuable content left, coming from this thread. Coif Smiley

It evolved that way because CW and Wolfsden (among others) steered it that way. Unless you want to start censoring what people say and where they say it, these things will happen. But it is very disingenuous to head the conversation off in a certain direction, then complain when it goes in that direction. Unless of course, one's objective is simply to foment, rather than discuss.

-phong

Um, Phong, I made one post (other than the most recent which simply pointed to a related thread already in existance. How did my single post manage to steer *anything*?

David Stous
Chief Maille Smith
Wolf's Den Armoury
St. Albans, Vermont
http://www.wolfsdenarmoury.com

Submissions: 75

Posted on Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:02 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Because the previous posts were by and large about Love Knots specifically. You brought up a more general point about the weave definition, and the discussion then addressed that, rather than staying just about Love Knots.

So while I don't think there was anything wrong with you doing that, it's confusing at best, disingenuous at worst to then complain about (or rather agreeing with someone who complained about) the thread meandering to different topics.

-phong

-- CGMaille tutorials now hosted here at MAIL! --

Jump to:  
Page 3 of 3. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3