M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

genre most discribes your mailling style
I mostly make armor
46%
 46%  [ 13 ]
I mostly make all maille jewelry
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
I mostly make non armor clothing ,belts skirts etc...
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
I mostly make bellydancing/fantacy, headdresses/hand flowers etc...
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
I mostly make useful toys balls etc...
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
i mostly make sculpture
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
i mostly make maille to mess with different weaves
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
i mostly make dice bags and etc for gamming
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
i mostly make bondage accesorys
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 28

Submissions: 99

what genre of maille
Posted on Mon May 05, 2003 5:14 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

i have noticed in the last week and a half the board activity on m.a.i.l. has slowed considerably so mabie this will help promote more posts.

this is more for what calls you and what you like to make for you and not nessarily what customers want from you.

Submissions: 74

Posted on Mon May 05, 2003 9:54 am

well i wish i could mark more than one of those
i make a lot of armor and a lot of jewelry all made primarily out of Per. and on a occationaly i've made some head dresses and things to that affect. but still mostly armor

Xander

maille Code V2.0 T8.3 R6.4 Ep.f Fper Mfe.s Wsg$ Cpw$ G0.25-2.5 I0.5-30 N31.31 Pa Dacdjw Xa27g37w1 S94

Submissions: 9

Posted on Mon May 05, 2003 10:21 am

Grace,

It is a toss-up between armor and sculpture. But being that I am on a bottle-wrapping kick I selected "sculpture."

Peace,

Matt

'Tis true my form is something odd,
But blaming me is blaming God;
Could I create myself anew
I would not fail in pleasing you.
If I could reach from pole to pole
Or grasp the ocean with a span,
I would be measured by the soul;
The mind's the standard of the man.
- Joseph Carey Merrick, "The Elephant Man"

Submissions: 2

Posted on Mon May 05, 2003 10:30 am

Another toss-up, this one between armour and playing with weaves.
I chose playing with weaves because I end up doing that more than making armour, but I do try to spend as much time as possible on armour.
BTW, what's a good AR for Jap 4-1 cubed?

Submissions: 24

Posted on Mon May 05, 2003 1:51 pm

I mostly make all maille jewelry
i mostly make maille to mess with different weaves
i mostly make dice bags and etc for gamming

I've sold a bunch of dice bags and like making them, love making different weaves, and also love jewlery, but picked jewlery becuase I do that the most and you can use all the really screwey weaves and have it work nice Very Happy (such as a grizzly persian neclace - who else has made one? I rember someone saying they have btw mine is 22 ga 3/16 id 1/2hard sterling Very Happy )

Serpentine: here's a list of ar's for a bunch of weaves:
http://members.rogers.com/gdevries/weaveratios.htm

Oriental 4 in 1 cube (single ring) 1.95
Oriental 4 in 1 cube (double ring) 3.97

Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.

Watashiwa nihongogo wakarimassen.

Submissions: 93

Posted on Mon May 05, 2003 3:11 pm

I make whatever the voices tell me to.......

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."

— George Bernard Shaw

Maille Code V1.0 T5.7 R5.1 Fhd MCu Wc Cd G2.03/.56 I9.75/3.25 Pn Dacdjs S97 CCi

Submissions: 15

Posted on Mon May 05, 2003 8:24 pm

I make lots of diffrent stuff, I've done one FP neclace for my dad in brass at 20g not quite sure of the ID, I work with alot of hanging candle holders, and i've got a Haubergeon on it's way to being a Hauberk, I'm also experimenting with japanese and european plate using aluminum sheet tha'ts been enamled white, i also make the ocasional jewlery out of galvy,brass or 'Mild Steel'(vingared galvy with a polish in the dryer)

I kinda got my hand in everything except sculpture..........for now .........

thousands of rings, sure chance of slip 'n jab, what are we watin' for?

Submissions: 8

Posted on Tue May 06, 2003 12:20 am

Bah I am too veryed to make a choice. I have done almost all of them minus the fetish and belly danceig Smile. I am in a juggling ball (soon to be juggling pin) craze right now.

Lee

SPQR!

Submissions: 10

Posted on Tue May 06, 2003 4:05 am

I have made armor but I have recently started to play with jewlery. I must admit the insperation has been here. Mari made such cool stuff that I thought I had to try, and while I haven't finished many pieces I will soon be finishing a few that I have been working on.

experience is a good teacher, not a kind one.

Submissions: 17

Posted on Tue May 06, 2003 5:38 am

I'm also torn between choices, as I make a lot of jewelry, but I've been also working on votive lanterns, and have a customer about to take delivery on a commissioned hauberk that's been a truly massive piece. He's a big guy. Yes, there will be pictures. There's going to be pictures tonight of the jewelry I've been building in anticipation of Northlake Days, if I can upload... Oh, and I have a Florence flask that's waiting for me to get to it to do a bottle wrap.

Maille code: V1.0 T7.2 R5.1 Fe4.1 MAl.a Wc$ Cabe$ G1.5/0.6 I9.5/1.4 Pj Dacdjs S84
andrew.ragland@gmail.com

Submissions: 0

Posted on Tue May 06, 2003 4:12 pm

i make a little bit of every thing. i tried to make a shirt when i first started but.... errrr... i'm not quiet ready for a project like that. im almost finished with a skirt/belt/ thing, looks really nice so far Smile. hopefully i'll get around to posting some pictures one of these days. Rolling Eyes
tig' kat

Submissions: 32

Posted on Wed May 07, 2003 9:22 am

hmm... I'd have to check the one about messing with weaves, but add in the words "do not" after "mostly". not much time to mess with weaves while doing all the others... seems like lately I've been doing a lot of jewelry, but just the other day I was working on my coffee cup again for the first time in a few months and today I started on another halter top. I guess armor is prolly second to the bottom of the list. I tend to have at least five maille projects going at once all in various stages of completion... and half a dozen or so other metal projects going along with the maille ones

Submissions: 7

Posted on Wed May 07, 2003 9:23 am

Most of what I construct is armor, though I've been known to do... well, weird things, just because I can do weird things. Such as seeing the dish-scrubby article, and going out of my way to construct one. Or the fact that my lava-lamp is draped in half-inch 16g steel, which by the way, casts some really neat shadows. Or the little scroll-holder thing I produced for one of the heralds in my group... the list goes on.

Submissions: 99

Posted on Wed May 07, 2003 6:15 pm

it think that thouse weird things could be catagorized under toys mabie i should have put an option for house hold items as well all well. actually couldnt poast any more options than i did it told me, to many.

Submissions: 0

Posted on Wed May 07, 2003 8:38 pm

I voted mostly armour, but I also do alot of fetish clothing and bondage type devices.

I said mostly armour, because most of the time is spend on armour, but in reality i make more items of the fetish/bondage catagory, so its a bit of a toss up.

I also do the ocational jewlery and have even done a few baskets (but no other sculptures)

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 2. Goto page 1, 2  Next