um.....help
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Requests

Submissions: 0

Posted on Sat Jan 01, 2000 5:00 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Does any one know if there is any maillesmiths in Spokane, WA or anywhere within a twenty minute radieus (radious?)? I'm makin a byrnie and am rather on my own on how to size it to my frame. All I know is that I add 2 to 4 inches to my chest nd waist measurments for the jack. Can any one help me?

[ This Message was edited by: phoenixfire on 2002-12-20 18:37 ]

[ This Message was edited by: phoenixfire on 2002-12-20 18:39 ]

Submissions: 24

Welcome, and it's radius.
My brother lives in Port Orchard, Washington... But I live in Arizona, and he doesn't maille... sorry.

Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.

Watashiwa nihongogo wakarimassen.

Submissions: 21

welcome to the board, I live down in cali near the border of Oregon. I am closer to you than most of the posters, but I do not know anyone else that is that close to you. I mostly delve in jewelry, I don't make armor, so I would not be of any help with you there, sorry about that Sad

~Dan~

Submissions: 82

ill try and explain the easy way to make a piece of maille fit. It's pretty simple, build a big tube of maille that will slip over your shoulders. then attach the shoulders. This way before you put your shoulders on, you know that it will fit past your shoulders and since the weave (im assuming euro 4-1) contracts when it's hanging the right way, it will form to your bod.

There are only 2 things in life that we can be assured of: Somethings will never stop changing, and some things will never change.

Thanks a bunch Bative, that will be of great help. and by the way, it is euro 4-1 (.25 I.D. 14.5 G on the rings) If any more help is needed I'll be sure to post it here.

"Man is an ore, it is the fire of life and the flux of his spirit that smelts him into what he becomes."

hi, i just started making maille, and so far i made a gauntlet, or at least half of one and a few bracelets. but i have making it blindfolded, meaning that i dotn no how to tell the ID or the wire gauge, i just picked up a stick and started...help?!?

Submissions: 82

get a ruler.
the easiest way to tell the ID of a ring, (for me), is to get a ruler (With inches on it..duh) place the ring on the ruler, and stab a pin into 1 inside edge of the ring Right into the ruler), then take another pin and stab it directly on the other side of the ID of the ring. then read the measurement. as part of an inch.
as for a guage, it'll be hard to tell. unless you have packaging where you get the wire. or if you have a micrometer lying around, you could just look it up in a conversion chart Very Happy

There are only 2 things in life that we can be assured of: Somethings will never stop changing, and some things will never change.

Posted on Sat Apr 12, 2003 5:25 am

Phoenix! I live in Otis Orchards, about ten or so minutes from Spokane. I am making my first shirt also, but I have been mailling for a considerable time. I should be able to help you.

You can contact me at: ajp529.net or the cell # id 251-0202 ask for Alex.

Deimos

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1