takin up space
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 27

takin up space
Posted on Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:38 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

i'm trying to decide what inlay i want to do on my next vest and i realized i don't know how much space i'll have on the back and front and whatever

so...

anyone who has made a vest with 5/16" id rings; (12 g. if possible, but it dosn't matter that much) who can you tell me how much space i'll have? like, number of rings high and wide? it would help out alot as i'm using IGP to make sure the inlay will be the right size.

any help is much appreciated Wink

"By the manner of their death we shall know them."

Submissions: 51

Posted on Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:25 pm

I am making an inlay in 14g 5/16, and it is about 120-130 rings long, and that turns out to be 3 feet 4 inches at full stretch and 2 feet 8 inches at half stretch.

Dart

It's never too early to be listening to your car while you are sittin' in Rod Ryan!

YMBAMI your dog is the only one on the block who can't swim, but he's a heck of a diver though
-Dragorlad

Submissions: 5

Posted on Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:58 pm

suggestion

If you are making euro 4 in 1 pattern, 12 gauge 5/16" is a really close weave (low AR) you might want to make it a bit bigger. Those rings are going to be hard to close! If you want a stronger maille, try using a different/better material like stainless steel (1/2 hard or above) or tempered steel.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1