Introduction
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 0

Introduction
Posted on Sun Apr 06, 2003 1:57 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Hello fellow weavers, I just joined and decided to introduce myself and stuff, so yea.
I'm 18 years old, unemployed, and still attend high school.. Hopefully will graduate in June.
I try to play the Mandolin.. not really that good yet though. Music in my opinion is one of the most important things in life.
I've been playing around with maille for maybe a year or two now with random weaves that i tend to come up with.. I think the only thing i ever learned from someone else was a simple 4/1 way back when i started. I've made a some wrist/armwear, and a couple pieces of neckwear. I kinda stopped like four months ago because a bunch of my friends started messing around with maille and I have something against being a trendsetter.
But now i'm back... So um... i dunno, look out world here i come? or something like that anyways.
My current project is basically to get some small guage silver wire and make a couple earrings as settings for a couple small amethyst spheres which i also have yet to aquire, then some slightly larger wire for a necklace(also Amethyst).
In addition, i'm going to get a frame and weave a chair for myself out of prolly steel or aluminum.. Cause i can never find one that's comfortable... And if that works well, i'll make myself a hammock.. But that's a long way off. For now i just need to get some new tools.. mine all have disappeared or broke.
So anyways, pleasure to meet you all.

"Any similarities between your reality and mine are purly coincidential"

Submissions: 59

Posted on Sun Apr 06, 2003 2:12 am

Welcome to our madness. Smile I'm sure you'll fit in just fine. Uber

Posted on Sun Apr 06, 2003 2:17 am

Hello and Welcome fatch, I am also new here. I look forward to seeing your work. I'm also thinking about weaving a hammock.

Submissions: 9

Posted on Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:06 am

Fatch,

Welcome to M.A.I.L.! I hope you enjoy your stay. Smile

Peace,

Matt

'Tis true my form is something odd,
But blaming me is blaming God;
Could I create myself anew
I would not fail in pleasing you.
If I could reach from pole to pole
Or grasp the ocean with a span,
I would be measured by the soul;
The mind's the standard of the man.
- Joseph Carey Merrick, "The Elephant Man"

Submissions: 24

Posted on Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:56 am

Welcome to our little world, and may your insanity match ours Very Happy

Maille: the only addiction that creates insanity and keeps you relaxed enough to not shoot yourself (on purpose), yet active enough to go to the store and buy yourself wire, and while you're at it, food which you only eat when you have to get up anyway.

Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.

Watashiwa nihongogo wakarimassen.

Submissions: 10

Posted on Sun Apr 06, 2003 5:41 am

I say as others have already welcome. look forward to seeing your work. do post pics. Uber

experience is a good teacher, not a kind one.

Submissions: 7

Posted on Sun Apr 06, 2003 6:00 am

Welcome!! I really hope that you will enjoy our insane company! Very Happy And YES!! Please please please post pics of your work! Smile

It is well-known that the body is made up of various elements, among these being iron. The reason we know the body has iron in it is because we can taste the iron in our blood. Therefore, it stands to reason that the iron in our blood will be drawn to the north, just as the iron needle on the compass is drawn to the north.

In order to make the body compass work, you must shut your eyes, so as not to confuse things, extend the right arm with the index finger pointing, then spin around three times to the left. When you stop, open your eyes, and you will discover that you are facing north.

Dragons of a Lost Star
Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman

Submissions: 82

Posted on Sun Apr 06, 2003 1:26 pm

Welcome! glad to see even more newcomers finding this place!
Since you introduced yourself, *ahem* Im Bative, around here i tend to talk alot Very Happy and im also the resident crash test dummy. I've made alot of errors and paid for them in the past, but i only learned from my mistakes. The others here can vouch for that too Very Happy
We will love you if you can get pics!!! we love pics Very Happy
I mostly interested in these weaves you talk about Very Happy
If you ever need information, you'll find it here. If it's not in our articles section http://www.mailleartisans.org/articles/ im sure we answer your questions here on the boards Very Happy
welcome!

There are only 2 things in life that we can be assured of: Somethings will never stop changing, and some things will never change.

Posted on Sun Apr 06, 2003 6:33 pm

Howdy

This is the best saying ever:

"If at first you don't succeed, maybe skydiving isn't for you!"
-unknown

Posted on Sun Apr 06, 2003 9:20 pm

HI!
email my your address and i can help you out i only live a 2 hr. drive from you Very Happy and i know were you can get some of the things your looking for. And welcome to mail!

Ak

Submissions: 74

Posted on Sun Apr 06, 2003 10:10 pm

Welcome to the insanity we all share Smile

and i'll say it again (at the cost of sounding repetitive) please post your work.

maille Code V2.0 T8.3 R6.4 Ep.f Fper Mfe.s Wsg$ Cpw$ G0.25-2.5 I0.5-30 N31.31 Pa Dacdjw Xa27g37w1 S94

Posted on Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:30 am

Well it looks like i'll fit right in around here, sounds like we're all quite devoid of sanity(i lost mine years ago.. i think it ran off with my PC and eloped)

Um, i have like, one picture of anything i've ever made.. the one object that remains in my posession(the rest has all... disappeared for one reason or another) but it's taken with my really crummy webcam.. maybe at a future date i'll have some decent pics... but yeah, right now my car is eating up all my money so i can get it fixed before the emissions test is due(after which point i have a couple tickets to pay off.. then maybe i'll have money to buy tools/supplies)
But yeah, that one pic is at Art Conspiracy under the Physical gallery.
-Love Always, Fatch

"Any similarities between your reality and mine are purly coincidential"

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1