spiffy, easy, clasp
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 0

spiffy, easy, clasp
Posted on Tue Apr 01, 2003 9:41 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

k, sorry for something so obvious, but i just realzed it when i was looking through my dad's tools for a magnetic retrever tool (damn these links go everywhere), cotter pins work for clasps. damn good clasps to. the ones i have are stainless and hard as hell (have to bend back the bottom into a loop, then cut the excess from the top, don't use your metal shears for it unless your pins are soft... *ouch*), good springyness and dosen't look bad on a large bracelet i made out of byzantine flower. oh, and another thing, why the heck do they call it flower?! it looks nothing like a flower! it dosen't even look femenine. i've been asked by more goth and biker guys for that style over any other, and it's got such a girlie name... ugh.

-
thor has a blue hat

Submissions: 82

Posted on Tue Apr 01, 2003 10:21 pm

I think it was originally called "Flowers in cages" not so much because it looks floral, but because the original design, the mobius ball© in between the cages were pink/purple in color. Also, if you make a chain that is mobius balls© connected by smaller rings, it's called a "flower chain" this could explain it...
Great idea about the cotter pin...im about to jump outside into my dad's garage and steal some..Very Happy

There are only 2 things in life that we can be assured of: Somethings will never stop changing, and some things will never change.

Submissions: 6

Cotter Pin??
Posted on Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:05 pm

Alright, I may seem like a lamer here... but what the hell is a cotter pin?

Submissions: 59

Posted on Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:10 pm

Cotter pins are slim pieces of metal, meant to fit in small holes, so that it acts as a lock. Kinda like putting a lock into the eyelet of a bolt. The pin can be taken in and out, but it's not terribly easy to do by accident.

Using it as a clasp is a good idea as long as it's not sharp.

Posted on Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:22 pm

ah.... I am a lamer aren't I? I should have known that. Laughing

Submissions: 0

Posted on Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:57 pm

Intheend06,
i didn't have a clue what they were talking about either until it was explained. Razz so we're both in the same boat. Smile

Ak

Posted on Wed Apr 02, 2003 2:57 pm

Good to know that Some of us are not alone out in this crazy world!! What?!?! The clowns are gonna get me!?! OH man!!! *runs and hides*[/b][/i]

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1