Deburring EC?
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 0

Deburring EC?
Posted on Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:48 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

I just got some Enamelled Copper rings the other day ( 20g 1/8" ) and I was wondering if there is any way to deburr them because some of them have some fairly significant burrs on them. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Ray

Submissions: 337

Posted on Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:04 pm

Sorry can't think of anyway of doing this without damageing the enamell.

Maille Code
V2.0 T7.3 R5.4 Ep Feur MAg/Cu Wm$ Cbjpw$ G0.5/3.0 I1.5/12.0 N322.150 Pajs Dacdjsw Xa7g631p4t24w64 S88 Hipsu

Submissions: 88

Posted on Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:54 pm

I wasn't going to post here, but since no one else seems to have any ideas...you can try snapping them off as you go along. You know, as you weave, if you come across a burr, just use your pliers to sort of twist it off. Works for me, kind of. Sorry I don't have anything more helpful to recommend.

Posted on Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:54 am

It would be really complicated, but if the burrs were really pissing you off you could create a hole in a steel bar the same size as a ring and then just shove rings through the hole.
What would be better is to get the mandrel they were made on, then some how center it in the hole drilled in the bar and then take care of burrs inside and outside the links. Though either of those practices would most likely damage the enamel somehow.

tango los ablelos!?! es uno chipucabra!?! SI!!! porque tango nessicito uno monmento!
Wenn ist das Nurnstuck git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Feierhund das oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!

Posted on Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:28 am

You could tumble them in rice. Either work the piece first then tumble the whole thing to remove any remaining burrs or thread them onto a piece of yarn or string and run them in the tumbler for a while.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1