Date Uploaded: December 15, 2004, 5:35 am
Last Edited: December 10, 2012, 3:27 am
Print this Article
European 4 in 1 Soda Tab Scale
Article © MAIL User: Aderamelech
1) Only use tabs of the same size and shape. The piece of metal that connects them to the can should be removed. They may be a slightly different make, but all your tabs should look like this:
2) Close four tabs together with a single ring, European 4 in 1 style. The tabs should be layered so that the holes in the bottom of one line up with those in the top of the others.
3) To move upward in a chain, simply layer on more tabs and attach them to the row below.
4) To expand to the side, stack the tabs in the same way and then attach to the chain next to them.
5) With the exception of collecting all the tabs, sheets of this are very quick to make. Because the tabs are aluminum with large holes punched in it, this weave is also very, very light. In large pieces, the holes in the tabs are not particularly noticeable. I think it makes a very nice scaled look without the work of cutting scales yourself.
If you have edges that hang free you may want to put rings through them (just as if you were going to expand laterally, you just don't add new rings). This will keep these edge tabs from shifting around.
Original URL: http://www.mailleartisans.org/articles/articledisplay.php?key=64