Date Uploaded: March 7, 2020, 8:47 am
Last Edited: March 8, 2020, 4:54 pm
Print this Article
(Pictures and CGI)
Article © MAIL User: Catweazle
There are 2 other tutorials for this weave.
Helm Orb by NeoLythic with photos and Helm Orb (CGI) by MaxumX with CGIs. The CGI-tutorial worked better for me, but - according to the tutorial - MaxumX never made it in real life. Only the CGIs. So I'll try a mixture of real photos and a few real CGIs.
For this tutorial I've used 3 different ring sizes (WD/ID):
- large (V2A) - 1.0 mm / 8.0 mm AR of 8
- medium (bronze)- 1.0 mm / 6.0 mm AR of 6
- small (brass)- 1.0 mm / 4.0 mm AR of 4
You'll need 4 large rings, 10 medium rings and 18 small rings for 1 Helm Orb Unit.
Pull 1 large ring through 9 small rings.
Pull a medium sized ring through the same 9 small rings, so that it will lay parallel to the large ring.
Now you have to add a medium sized ring. It'll be an orbital ring around 3 small rings but it has to be positioned between the large and the medium sized ring.
Repeat step 3 two times. Now you have 3 orbital rings.
Turn the rings around and add a large ring through every set of small rings.
Turn the workpiece back and add a medium sized ring through every set of small rings.
Now the tricky part starts. Add a closed medium sized ring to a small ring, but don't close the small ring.
- Pull the small ring through 2 of the medium sized rings from step 6.
- Move the medium sized ring (which you added in step 7) over the small ring.
- The medium sized ring has become an orbital ring.
- Fold a large ring up and hook it into the still open small ring.
- Grab the small ring on its other side and fold another large ring up and hook it into the small ring.
- Close the small ring.
- Repeat steps 7 to 9 on the other 2 sides.
- Triple the small rings.
Weave long and prosper!
Original URL: http://www.mailleartisans.org/articles/articledisplay.php?key=796