Date Uploaded: November 2, 2008, 1:07 pm
Last Edited: December 16, 2012, 2:51 pm
Print this Article
Article © MAIL User: hysteria101
We start with a five-let, or a four-in-one positioned strangely.
Then we will attach the green ring to the two red rings (sorry I only have MS paint on my computer):
Then we attach another green ring with two rings to the red rings here:
And we attach green to red again with the two closed rings like here:
And we get this:
We repeat these steps as shown:
And it can continue like this until you have a chain of any length.
Part two: Strange Sheet
We have corresponding strange strings parallel to each other like:
Notice the wave in each string, it’s very important.
Then we will attach the green ring to the three red rings:
So it will look like:
We will take another ring and attach it to the four red rings:
So we will have :
And again we take a ring and attach it the four red rings:
And we continue this process:
And so forth until we get a sheet.
Ok so I know it’s confusing, but here are some pointers, or pattern tips
- In the string the pattern shifts from a normal European to a Oops.
- I started with an Oops “clover” right side up, and then I made an up-side down clover, and finally a regular butterfly (normal European).
- So the constant pattern is up, down, butter and so on.
- When attaching two strings make sure the wave lines up.
- And remember, this is still a form of European 4 in 1, so each ring will intersect four others, unless it is a border ring.
If you have any question or comments please feel free to contact me. I don’t bite unless you want me to.
Original URL: http://www.mailleartisans.org/articles/articledisplay.php?key=508