Date Uploaded: June 7, 2009, 10:04 pm
Last Edited: January 31, 2016, 11:38 am
Print this Article
Weaves with Neoprene Rings
Article © MAIL User: ArmoredDrake
In all of the following pictures, the preclosed (neoprene) are black, and the open rings are colored: orange, violet, and brass. The specific colors of the open rings are not significant.
Byzantine with Neoprene Connectors
1. Place two closed rings on two open and arrange as shown.
2. Pinch two closed rings between the open rings; note that these rings are not actually attached to the weave yet.
3. Put an open ring through one outside ring, both inside rings, and through the other outside ring.
4. Same thing on the other side.
5. Put two open rings through the black rings on the end. Note that if you are using two colors of open rings and want them to mirror each other, these two rings should be the same color as you used for Steps 3-4.
6. Again, pinch two closed rings between the open ones and secure them in place with two more opened rings.
7. Repeat Steps 5-6 to lengthen the chain.
Byzantine with Two Mirrored Colors
1. Place four closed rings on two open ones and arrange as shown.
2. Put two closed rings onto an open ring – don’t close the open ring yet. You don’t need a picture for that, do you?
3. Flip back the two rightmost rings from Step 1, and pass your open ring from Step 2 through the two black rings, between the two orange rings. Just like regular Byzantine.
4. A second open ring, following the same path as the ring from Step 3.
5. Pinch two new closed rings between the black rings at the end of the chain.
6. Secure in place with an open ring, passing through the outside ring, both inside rings, and the other outside ring.
7. Same thing, other side.
8. Add two open rings with two closed rings on the end.
9. Fold the last ones back…
10. …and you’re back to Step 2. Just keep repeating Steps 2-9 to lengthen.
European 4 in 1 with Neoprene down the center
1. Place two closed rings on two open rings and arrange as shown.
2. Place one closed ring on one open ring. Don’t close the open ring.
3. Put the open ring through one of the neoprene rings from Step 1, arrange as shown.
4. Put another open ring through on the other side, going through the same rings as the last one.
5. Repeat Steps 3-4 to lengthen.
European 6 in 1 with Neoprene down the center
1. Place three closed rings onto two open rings and arrange as shown.
2. Place one closed ring on one open ring, do not close.
3. Put the open ring through the rightmost two rings in Step 1.
4. Arrange as shown.
5. Put an open ring through the same three rings as the last one, but on the other side.
6. And just keep repeating.
Spiral 4 in 1 with every third Neoprene
1. Put two closed rings on one open and arrange as shown.
2. Take another open ring (the brass one) and pass it through the eye of the leftmost two rings, and then through the rightmost ring.
3. Place a closed ring on an open ring, and pass the open ring through the two rightmost rings.
4. Add another open ring, and do the same thing as you did with the first brass one: through the eye of the neoprene and the violet, and then through the other neoprene.
5. You can see the spiral now, and all you have to do is repeat Steps 3-4 to lengthen it.
Now, go forth and make many interesting Neoprene and Anodized Aluminum bracelets!
Original URL: http://www.mailleartisans.org/articles/articledisplay.php?key=403