Date Uploaded: August 28, 2008, 12:15 am
Last Edited: October 9, 2013, 1:30 am
Print this Article
4 Leaf Clover
Article © MAIL User: Jeanpower
Note that until you finish the chain as described in step 9, the start will want to curl up and lose its shape.
1. Start with a closed and secured jump ring.
2. Add two rings to this one.
3. Link one ring through the two added in step 2.
4. Spread the two rings added in step 2 apart so they resemble the picture below.
5. Now pull the end of the ring added in step 3. You want to catch the end of it that sits nearest the other rings.
6. Add a jump ring to the ring just moved.
7. Then add one more jump ring to that one
8. Repeat steps 2-6 until your chain is the length you require.
9. Then go back to your original jump ring and pull it as you pulled the others, this will help the chain keep its shape.
If you don’t want to separate the motifs you can lose the extra jump ring between steps 6 and 8. This gives you a chain with a slight twist to it.
Original URL: http://www.mailleartisans.org/articles/articledisplay.php?key=364