Date Uploaded: December 15, 2004, 5:35 am
Last Edited: January 5, 2013, 6:20 pm
Print this Article
European 4 in 1/6 in 1 Bikini/Bra Top
Article © MAIL User: Aderamelech
1) Build a triangle. The size will depend on your ring size as well as what size you want the finished product to be.
2) Build a second triangle. This is usually going to be the same size, though it doesn't have to be.
Connect the two triangles in the way you would make a 45 degree seam.
3) Construct a strip of something denser than the weave used to make the triangles. (European 6 in 1 usually if you are using 4-1 for the rest, though anything denser than the cups will do. Try experimenting to get different effects.)
4) If using 6-1, connect the strip by taking three rings from the strip and three from the traingles for each connector ring.
5) When finished, the denser strip will pull the cup tight, forming a cup.
To increase the cupping effect, try doubling all the rings on the edge of the piece. To finish the top make a second cup the same way and attach them together by the dense strips at the bottom of both. The dense side can form the bottom edge, or you can flip it over and the dense side forms the inner edge. Both ways work, but they look different.
Original URL: http://www.mailleartisans.org/articles/articledisplay.php?key=35