Date Uploaded: March 1, 2005, 10:09 am
Last Edited: December 14, 2012, 4:20 pm
Print this Article
Article © MAIL User: Tesserex
1. Start with a 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 chain, or any length you want, ending with large rings, and a 1-2-1-2-1-2-1 etc. The 2s are small rings. Lay the pairs of small rings open as in Gridlock.
2. Create another 1-2-1-2-1-2-1 chain and lay it inside the first one as shown. It takes a bit of fiddling to get the small rings to lay out right, just like normal Dragonscale.
3. Connect the small rings in the first row and the small rings on the bottom on the other side with large rings. Just look at the profile for help.
4. You may consider this step unnecessary, but if not then run large rings through the small rings from the first 1-1-1 chain, locking in the second large ring row from step 2.
5. Here is the beginning of the expansion steps. Create another 1-2-1-2-1-2-1 chain, and lay it next to the piece as shown.
6. Make another, and lay it inside the previous one, just like you did in step 2.
7. Connect the small rings between the two bottom 1-2-1-2-1-2-1 chains as shown, like in step three.
8. Finally, join the last set of small rings on top. This rings could be a real pain to close, as they were for me. Maybe someone will find a better way to weave this.
Original URL: http://www.mailleartisans.org/articles/articledisplay.php?key=336