Date Uploaded: February 9, 2004, 8:13 pm
Last Edited: December 19, 2012, 3:19 am
Print this Article
Article © MAIL User: Eli
Silver rings are rings being added to the weave at the step. Brass-yellow rings are the rings the new ones pass through. Copper-red rings are idle rings at the step. Gold rings are rings needing further noting.
The rings in this tutorial have an AR of 5.
1. First, start with a sheet of e4in1 in the size you want:
2. Now, add a new ring through two rings of the sheet. This ring is the base of the interconnected sheet. Note that it goes above the ring in the bottom sheet:
3. Add more rings in the same way as step 2, so that they cover the entire sheet you want to convert into Double Maille. The ring from step 2 is marked in gold:
4. Now pass a ring through the 4 of the top rings, in the same fashion as normal e4in1. Note that it only passes through the top rings, and not through the bottom sheet:
5. Continue adding ring in the same way as step 4 until you cover the whole base sheet by the second sheet. That's it, you’re done:
This technique can be used for any European sheet weave (European 6 in 1, European 8 in 1, etc). The only modification would be to add the rings in steps 4 and 5 in the manner appropriate to the base weave.
And here’s a nice Double Maille 4in1 in some pretty colors:
Original URL: http://www.mailleartisans.org/articles/articledisplay.php?key=227