Date Uploaded: July 31, 2003, 7:57 pm
Last Edited: December 20, 2012, 2:45 am
Print this Article
Article © MAIL User: ELEX
In return I would like to post a "How To" as this weave is actually easy to make, but difficult to understand when you begin.
To understand Voodoo you need to understand how Moebius Balls (Mobius Ball) are constructed.
In this article I used small rings: Wire Thickness = 1.2mm, small rings ID = 3mm and large rings ID = 6mm.
All small rings were preclosed.
Voodoo is constructed of interconnected counter-rotating Moebius Balls.
Each Moebius Ball consists of four large rings.
Each large ring is part of two Moebius Balls.
Each Moebius Ball has a set of three small rings around it's center.
The Moebius Balls are oriented in a rectangular pattern.
Adjoining Moebius Balls are always counter-rotating.
1. Start with adding six small rings to one large ring. Close the large ring.
2. Add three small rings to one large ring.
3. Connect step 2 to step 1 in the following manner: Pass the large ring through three of the small rings ánd through the large ring. Close the large ring.
Another view of step 3
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 two more times. Be careful to pass the large ring through all other large rings.
5. You now have one basic knot of Voodoo.
6. Expand at will. N.B.: Adjoining Moebius Balls are always counter-rotating.
More Pictures are in the gallery.
Original URL: http://www.mailleartisans.org/articles/articledisplay.php?key=141