Inverted Spiral?
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Weaves Discussion

Submissions: 0

Inverted Spiral?
Posted on Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:23 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Anyone know how to make inverted spiral, im just a little lost Confused Rolling Eyes Very Happy Sad Smile

"The closer you get to the light,
the greater your shadow becomes."
(Kingdom Hearts)

Submissions: 4

Posted on Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:45 am

havn't tried it but it looks like spiral wrap with the ridges on top of the other ridges instead of in the grooves that's why it isn't round

Posted on Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:53 pm

ummm
thanks

(Kingdom Hearts)

Submissions: 57

Posted on Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:55 am

Yes

I consider this weave to be advanced, its really hard to keep track of where to place rings unless you have a good eye and or have worked with the weave a few times. it is quadruple the size of a regular spiral weave. It has a hollow core, and the spiral is self sustaining. If you use rings that are to loose the spiral can flop back and forth. if the rings are to tight the weave will not work at all. I have had success with 20g 3/16 id.

start with a strand of inverted round with one row of rings missing down the side, so that there are 3 ring connected in an inverted connection to 2 rings.

Then go to one end, You take an open ring and like if you were to make inverted round loop it threw the first 2 rings on one side.

Then instead of completing the inverted round stitch by looping the 2 rings directly parallel to the first 2 rings, you go down one ring towards the length of the inverted ribbon, and loop it like you would inverted round. the open ring should have passed threw one parallel ring and the one ring right next to the parallel ring. This maneuver offsets the inverted round to cause a spiral

here is where it gets complicated. you must continue to add open rings into the spiral by looping it onto 4 rings in an inverted connection, the weaving point changes every other connection , one connection will be in the center of the spiral, the other connection will be along the edge of the spiral.

Good luck with this weave!!!

Posted on Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:54 pm

thanks a lot for the instructions Grace Very Happy

(Kingdom Hearts)

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1