Maille and Me
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Articles Discussion

Submissions: 82

Maille and Me
Posted on Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:57 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

hey! I just thought I'd check to see if anyone read over my new article (it's a bit more sappy then i'd originally thought..)'Maille and Me'...
lemmie know what you thought if you read it Very Happy

There are only 2 things in life that we can be assured of: Somethings will never stop changing, and some things will never change.

Submissions: 0

Posted on Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:40 am

You're a good writer.. Very profound, I've never given a thought to that side of maille. But indeed is mailling very relaxing and getting a piece done gives you a great feeling of success.

I think you could compare chainmaille with martial arts.. I've only been mailling for 4 months or so and had Tae Kwon Do by my side for 6 years, but there is something same about the feeling when making maille practising those already quite familiar moves. (And even though there is the violent aspect in martial arts, I've at least become sooo much less agressive during these years)

Hmh.. got a little off topic but still.. Very Happy Great article.

Bib

Submissions: 59

Posted on Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:51 pm

It looks like a good story. Do you want proofreading done? I'm pretty good at that....I can see a few minor grammatical errors already (but the material itself is very good)

Posted on Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:38 pm

proofreading might be an idea...
I'm not the best at such a things Very Happy
Im glad some people enjoyed it Very Happy

There are only 2 things in life that we can be assured of: Somethings will never stop changing, and some things will never change.

Submissions: 30

Posted on Sat Jul 26, 2003 11:45 am

Bative,

wow man! i never really thought of maille being like that either, but there is a lot of wisdom in what you wrote. i'm really glad i took the time to read and absorb it Smile

what more can i say but wonderful job, and bravo! Smile

i'm speechless actually!

what happens when life gives you lemons and you don't like lemonade??

xxxxxHeather

Submissions: 1

Posted on Sun Jul 27, 2003 1:40 am

Bravo Bative!! You've taken the basic philosophy of mail that I've always believed in (as stated in my signature quote) and expanded it to monumental proportions.

I stand in awe of your story, your insight and your courage to persever.

Again, Bravo!!

The Philosophy of Chain;
One link is weak and insignificant. Thousands of links are powerful and wonderous. No problem is so big that it cannot be solved one link at a time

Submissions: 24

Posted on Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:38 pm

Yea, I noticed a few errors in it too Very Happy

That was not too bad though. It was, like you said, a bit sappy for me, but still...
And yes, maille has done the same thing for me, except I never went to any psychologists, etc, and I'm not a bloody pot head Razz

Good job!

Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.

Watashiwa nihongogo wakarimassen.

Posted on Tue Jul 29, 2003 1:35 am

Cod, I guess you've been gone longer than I thought, I've given up the green, and all the bad press that goes along with it.
not to mention smoking, drinking, and anything else debilitating to the body.
and I've begun to practice Ahimsa, which is tough, but hey, i'll live Smile
I used to laugh when people said 'i dont need drugs, im high on life' now a days, i understand them completely.

Submissions: 11

Posted on Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:41 am

Bative; that's one of the best bits of news I've heard on this board in a goodly long time (including the bits I had to catch up on again recently). Congratulations.

Submissions: 9

Posted on Wed Jul 30, 2003 6:26 am

wtg bative i suffer from severe clinical depression and it is very theripudic for me

honey i'm home

Posted on Wed Jul 30, 2003 11:58 am

liljohn, yes, I had the same thing, clinical depression. she didnt call it severe though..

Maille can help you out alot, as im sure you know. It can get your mind off the bad things that just seem to keep coming and getting worse.

Posted on Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:24 am

I edited the article last night thanks to Run Vitki's expert editing skills!
Thanks a bunch! it seems to be more legiable now Smile

Submissions: 24

Posted on Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:23 pm

That's nice to hear Very Happy
But isn't Ahisma a religion? From your quote, I get the impression that you don't really like religion... ???

Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.

Watashiwa nihongogo wakarimassen.

Posted on Fri Aug 01, 2003 3:22 am

Ahimsa is a style of life, based off some old religious practices (mostly hindi). However it's not considered a religion. Religion is all how you think of things anyway.. Smile
Ahimsa is basically, not hurting anything, by word, by act, or by thought. So no hurting/killing anything,thinking bad thoughts, or thinking of hurting/killing anything in anyway, or saying bad things about anything, to anything, or about anything.
Its tough, but I'm loving it!!!!!

Submissions: 21

Posted on Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:03 am

it was beautiful Bative. Kudos. it takes a lot to write what is in ones head and Heart.
Also I have been High on life all along altho a lot of people do think I am on drugs sometimes *scowls at Darken*

I am the reader,the watcher and the writer of my own life.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 2. Goto page 1, 2  Next