Platnum Wire
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Requests

Submissions: 0

Platnum Wire
Posted on Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:49 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Does anyone know where I could find some 8 to 22ga platnum wire?

Submissions: 4

Posted on Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:14 pm

what the heck? you want to get 8g platinum wire? Since Platinum is a precious metal more valuable than gold, you'll not likely to find it in guages thicker than 18-20g, and it is very VERY expensive. For a 1m reel of 1mm thick platinum wire you're going to pay around $1300 USD.

well.... I guess if you've more money than you need, you could looks at sites like http://www.shopmetals.co.uk/platinum_wire.html
Or you could buy silver or white gold and donate the rest of the money you'd be spending to me Smile

Submissions: 1

Posted on Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:36 pm

No idea myself, but please post a follow-up when you do find what you're looking for.

I'm trying to find some 28G myself.

Posted on Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:37 pm

Rio Grande carries platinum wire in the following gauges: 34, 24, 22, 20 & 18. They only sell it dead soft. They also carry 12 gauge half round platinum wire, also dead soft.

I can't even begin to think of where you'd find something like 8 gauge, or really anything larger than 16 gauge round, but if you do I'd be interested in knowing, so please keep us posted. Good luck!

Posted on Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:54 pm

Thank you to all. I knew it was going to be expensive. I found a pattern for a snake chain that I want to make out of platinum. It calls for thicker gauge wire. And If I do find some you all will be the first to know.

Thanks again for the posts.

Submissions: 4

Posted on Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:19 am

I suppose you could email TRL, considering he deals in wire and rings a fair bit. He might know where you could aquire it even if he doesn't stock it.

Submissions: 24

Posted on Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:02 pm

RioGrande also offers a really good customer service, you could also contact them. They are one of the only suppliers I use that I know offers platinum

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1