Link to Post: Link to Post

Vambrace
Japanese 12 in 2
1.2mm Galvy 7.41-10.78mm ID
0.85mm Galvy 3mm ID

Vambrace on my arm

Vambrace sans arm

Vambrace laid out flat

This was to be the second test piece for the corset, well worth the effort. I was surprised as i moved from the largest rings towards the smallest things were getting easier rather than harder (mainly due to the practice and the tricks I picked up. The weave is behaving almost perfectly with lots of stability within its plane, but enough play to allow variation in ring size, (which do impact on it's shape.) the hardest part was finding mandrels of the right diameter, I had to cheat in some cases and wrap tape around some to get the right thickness. I'm going to ditch the simple conical design I had originally planned for the corset, the measuring etc will take some time but I'm sure this weave will let me create a shaped corset that will look much better than original design could.

I'll probably have a go at lining the vambrace and play with lacing solutions etc, but so far I'm very happy with the result of this test! Coif Smiley

each row uses rings with an ID .3 mm smaller than the previous row (except at the large end of the vambrace where I cheated and just used 10.78mm ID rings to fill in the end, while it causes the end to curve back in what it taught me about the potential of the weave makes this a useful mistake)

Maille Code V2.0 T5.4 R4.5 Eo.p Fj12.2 MFe.s Wg$i C$p G0.5-1.5 I1.2-10.8 N16.16 Pt Dcejt Xa6g14 S07 Hc
Articles - Byzantine Speed Weaving - Poor Man's Tumbler - Ring Jig - Turk's Head Knot Ring - Wire Winding
Maille - Belt - Choker w. Padlock - Collar - Collar with Twist - Cuffs - Cuff 2 - Decorative Chains - DS Belt - Maille Cuffs - Micro Ring - T Shirt - Vambrace - Watch Band - Watch Chain
Non-maille - Ring - Ring Mk II

Submissions: 17

Posted on Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:27 pm

coooooooooooooooooooool.. i been playing around with 12 in 2 now.

ANOTHER FINE PIECE OF WORK, well done!

Submissions: 337

Posted on Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:26 pm

DUDE! That is really awesome, love it. Very Happy

Are you putting any of these in the Gallery? If not you should and you should post some in TRL Inspiration gallery too, here
http://www.theringlord.org/gallery/

Maille Code
V2.0 T7.3 R5.4 Ep Feur MAg/Cu Wm$ Cbjpw$ G0.5/3.0 I1.5/12.0 N322.150 Pajs Dacdjsw Xa7g631p4t24w64 S88 Hipsu

Submissions: 21

Posted on Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:33 pm

Again ... Thanks Smile (gotta watch my ego though Laughing )

Pretty much everything I finish that I have photos of gets posted in the gallery here and linked to a thread for more detail Smile (Approval takes a little time, but it's a good process IMO) I learnt to take photos pretty quick, I still need to photograph some of my older pieces when I see them next. and then I'll post them too.

Legba3: as per your suggestion I've submitted most them to the TRL gallery. Do you think there would be any problem if I point out the threads here on TRL posting them again feels like double posting, and if it gets more visitors to M.A.I.L. I think that would be a good thing Smile

Maille Code V2.0 T5.4 R4.5 Eo.p Fj12.2 MFe.s Wg$i C$p G0.5-1.5 I1.2-10.8 N16.16 Pt Dcejt Xa6g14 S07 Hc
Articles - Byzantine Speed Weaving - Poor Man's Tumbler - Ring Jig - Turk's Head Knot Ring - Wire Winding
Maille - Belt - Choker w. Padlock - Collar - Collar with Twist - Cuffs - Cuff 2 - Decorative Chains - DS Belt - Maille Cuffs - Micro Ring - T Shirt - Vambrace - Watch Band - Watch Chain
Non-maille - Ring - Ring Mk II

Submissions: 337

Posted on Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:39 pm

I can't see a problem with that. People on TRL are often posting links to here!

Maille Code
V2.0 T7.3 R5.4 Ep Feur MAg/Cu Wm$ Cbjpw$ G0.5/3.0 I1.5/12.0 N322.150 Pajs Dacdjsw Xa7g631p4t24w64 S88 Hipsu

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1