......1. Technical info
.........a. Characteristics
.........b. Uses
......2. Tools needed
.........a. Hand tools
.........b. Power tools
......3. Cutting
........a. Types of cuts

Not quite as polished as it might need to be, but that's more the general idea of how I would do it.

Comprehensive Diameter Database: Web Page | Online Spreadsheet | About the database

"When you have bigger wire, you make bigger maille. It's neat like that." -Cynake, January 15, 2009

Submissions: 14

Posted on Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:03 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

I think we could do the cover/title page with the authors being M.A.I.L. (spelled out of course Razz ), and then on the page right before the table of contents, and right after the publisher stuff, we could put a thing with who wrote/helped. Something like this:

Contributor's For This Book:(in ABC order)
Amadeus Maxwell, AKA Matthew whatever your last name is
Blade Master Raven (leave it blank if you don't want your real name)
Liz, AKA Elizabeth Mae Turner
etc...
etc...
etc...

Something to that general affect, and the person can choose if he wants his/her real name there. Or they don't have to be listed at all.

I'll rise, but I won't shine.

Submissions: 4

Posted on Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:13 am

For "who wrote what" we could just put whoever's name (or username if that person wishes to disclose their name) at the beginning of the chapter. We could also do a credits page like Liz said where people's usernames are listed, and we could put what they did. I call composition (pretty much just putting the book together... not writing... i have really bad writers block right now Razz)

Submissions: 50

Posted on Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:17 am

Author's name at the beginning of the chapter gives me an impression more like either a collection of short stories or a magazine. My $0.02.

Comprehensive Diameter Database: Web Page | Online Spreadsheet | About the database

"When you have bigger wire, you make bigger maille. It's neat like that." -Cynake, January 15, 2009

Submissions: 5

Jewelry section
Posted on Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:02 am

I can contribute to the jewelry section.... Dragonspine (flattened oval S rings) and Diamonds (simple Jap diamonds).

Whirlygigs could also go into jewelry...just add beads and it makes a great pendant.

Problem with jewelry -- most jewelry is based on basic weaves. Perhaps we should include a sample weave and then the suggested ring sizes in AWG? Most ring sizes are given in SWG. If you want that included, I do have lots of that information in imperial and metric.

Trysch
Ex. 14:14
"Why spoil the beauty of the thing with legalities?"
"Love is not a feeling, it's an act of your will!"

Submissions: 10

Posted on Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:11 pm

ninjatails, hehe... leave me something to work on Wink But seriously, for a project this big, I'd think we need atleast three people on layouting.

Hmm....

Positions:

Layouting

Editing
.....One editor per section?

Quality Control

Writing

Illustrating

Publishing

Just to organize things more, so we know who to go to regarding something.

_________

Being from the third world, BMR claims the right to speak in the third person.

Submissions: 5

Posted on Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:11 am

I had no idea that this little conversation was taking place. So I quietly raise my hand and say that I'm willing to lend a hand when I have the spare time from classes (currently doing a 4000+ word research paper on mokume gane). I've a degree and journalism and professional writing, post grad in pro writing and editing, plus a handy little minor in photogaphy to go with it, so those skills are available for utilisation if required. Do let me know what I can help with. Oh, I'm also a stdent jeweller, so I can lend something of a hand when it comes to anything with a vague jewellery slant.

Submissions: 10

Posted on Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:53 am

Great! Right now we're mostly based over at http://chainmaillebookproject.ninjatails.com/.

_________

Being from the third world, BMR claims the right to speak in the third person.

Submissions: 88

Posted on Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:30 pm

Just a reminder to those interested in helping with this...there isn't much talk going on in this thread, but that's because all the talk is at the above link, so don't forget about this. Hop over and pitch in, there are currently only ten members registered to help over there!

Needlenose Pliers Coif Cool Smiley Cutters

Submissions: 0

Posted on Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:18 pm

Keep up the work. Wink

Submissions: 4

Posted on Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:42 am

Update....

My server is being moved, so the new forum will be @ http://ninjatails.com/chainmaille

(This will happen shortly... it hasn't happened yet of Dec. 14th at 9:03 CST)

Submissions: 3

Posted on Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:28 pm

I know this was a ferw years ago but did this ever happened i would have loved to buy a few for friends, sounds like a good book

Submissions: 7

Posted on Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:46 am

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but it would be great to have an inspiration gallery in the back of the book, along with a great list of online maille references that people can also refer to when getting started!

Submissions: 74

Posted on Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:38 pm

it a bummer that this book was never made. i have lots of rendering done i prolly could put one togather in a few days. using only tuts that i have made. But i am not an athor of any type..poor selling worse gramer..yah not me.. but if some one would like to right the text im still willing to work out the Graphic design and ilistration.

maille Code V2.0 T8.3 R6.4 Ep.f Fper Mfe.s Wsg$ Cpw$ G0.25-2.5 I0.5-30 N31.31 Pa Dacdjw Xa27g37w1 S94

Submissions: 7

Posted on Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:39 pm

MaxumX wrote:
it a bummer that this book was never made. i have lots of rendering done i prolly could put one togather in a few days. using only tuts that i have made. But i am not an athor of any type..poor selling worse gramer..yah not me.. but if some one would like to right the text im still willing to work out the Graphic design and ilistration.

I would love to help! But I've really only been doing this for two years now and there is plenty that I haven't mastered in terms of maille. Sad However, I'm pretty decent at proof-reading! That's a skill that I could lend!

Jump to:  
Page 5 of 7. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next