Pets!!
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Chat

Are YOU an animal person?
Cat person
31%
 31%  [ 13 ]
Nope, dog person, I will chase your cat up a tree! Bark!!
17%
 17%  [ 7 ]
I like cats AND dogs
26%
 26%  [ 11 ]
I just like to play with the toys! But I hate it when they go under the sofa!
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Birds rule, mammals drool. (Eek a cat!)
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
MY pets are cold-blooded.
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
I'm rather fond of pet rocks.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
My pliers are my pets.
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 41

Submissions: 88

Pets!!
Posted on Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:18 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

All right...I know I'm not the only animal lover here. So lets see some pictures of our pets, hear stories about them, whatever! Here are my two cats, yup I'm a cat person (although I did used to have a dog too).

Kali, my demon, er I mean calico cat:

She likes to make her limbs disappear, you can see her doing it in the second pic. Rolling Eyes

Then there's Copper, the fifteen-pound three-legged uncoordinated doofus (one of his limbs really did disappear! We found him as a stray kitten missing one of his back legs. Never did find out what happened to it).

He likes to sleep like a human, with a pillow under his head. And sometimes he stands up on his back legs, well leg really.

Anyone else?

Submissions: 15

Posted on Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:39 am

I don't think I'd be allowed to take up enough space to post pics of all the cats that allow me and my family to live here. Rolling Eyes

I didn't mark a spot on the poll, because i'm more of an 'all animal' type of guy. I like cats, dogs, birds, snakes, just about any pet..with the exception of spiders. They aren't pets....they are just plain.....ICK!!! Surprised

Rygar
http://home.roadrunner.com/~chainreaction

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."

--Terry Pratchett

Submissions: 16

Posted on Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:06 am || Last edited by MrMaigo on Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Edit: Can't be the only one without an essay about there animals

I had to put down my cat a year and a half ago (it was right after Bush rewon so I blame him), his kidneys went out. My step mother doesn't like animals (even fish), so I won't be getting another till I can move out.
Mom has 2, one year old, old style siamese boys, very cute and loving and I'm deathly alergic to them. She also has a bangle girl, she's a tree cat, can climb upside down and backwards. She's still under a year old.

Submissions: 294

Posted on Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:09 pm

I like cats, dogs, birds pretty much anything. My 3 year son has 5 giant land snails (and they really are giant) in a tank in his room.
I have 5 cats (3 of which are rescued cats), 2 dogs (labradors, mother and daughter, walking stomachs), and 2 budgies. I used to keep tropical fish too but I objected to way the fish were kept in the shops so stopped keeping them.

Maille Code
V2.0 T7.3 R5.4 Ep Feur MAg/Cu Wm$ Cbjpw$ G0.5/3.0 I1.5/12.0 N322.150 Pajs Dacdjsw Xa7g631p4t24w64 S88 Hipsu

Submissions: 8

Posted on Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:30 pm

I put "I love cats AND dogs", but if I HAD to pick I'd go with dogs, I appreciate obidience Razz What I enjoy about cat's though is how they actually have independence. Right now I have 2 cats, I haven't gotten a dog since my Chinese Pug, Sheeva, passed away last year Crying (very sad) . If I ever get another dog I want to get an English Mastiff, they look like Chinese pugs but are 5 times the size. Anywho, back to cats, the 2 I have are both are young:

Here's my cat Ginger being co-pilot:

I actually stole Ginger from an old lady as a kitten. The lady wasn't taking care of them or feeding them and on top of that they were living out side. The kittens had grown teeth and could no longer feed from their mother so they were starting to get malnourished. I thought that Ginger was just a mixed breed, but a couple month's back I was semi-reading a book about cat's and breeds and came across Turkish Angora's. Upon further study I believe that Ginger either is or at least a large part Turkish Angora. I got her last April and was unsure of when she was born so she's right around being 1 year old.

My next cat, Catoichi:

This one I got from a couple of friends of mine. Her mother is a Ragdoll and her "father" is a mixed breed Hermaphrodite (hence why I put father in quotations). I can't exactly tell but I think Catoichi is a girl...might be both Confused I got the name from an old Japanese Series about a blind Swords man named Zatoichi. The reason I used this is that the friends I got Catoichi from refer to me as Zatoichi alot. The reason being is like Zatoichi I can do serious things really well (he's blind and can kill an army without so much as getting scrathed) but when it comes to mundane ordinary tasks such as walking down stairs he'll trip and fall on his face much as I do at times Razz . Oh and Catoichi was born at the end of Halloween last year so she's practically a baby still Razz

Oh and for the record I'm allergic to cats... Laughing

I've been doing a lot of abstract painting lately, extremely abstract. No brush, no paint, no canvas. I just think about it.

Submissions: 77

Posted on Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:56 pm

I put cat person. I'm allergic to dogs. I also just like cats better because I prefer not needing to give them so much attention and having them just sit around and being quiet over, well, the opposite. Some people like a dog that runs around a lot and is really active and requires a lot of attention. I wouldn't. Some people also think all cats are the kind that just hiss and claw at everyone and mark everywhere. That's like saying all dogs will attack on sight and kill their neighbors dogs. Both are uncommon. Anyway...

That's one of my two left, Butterscotch. We had four, but two died within four months of each other, one was put down because he had some really strange skin disease which neither my mother (a dermatologist), the vet, or even a veterinary dermatologist could diagnose. Total mystery. The other died at home of kidney failure, which we knew would be the cause one day after some medication earlier in life to treat a fungal brain infection also damaged his kidneys.

This one we found a few years ago. He seems to have some mental problems. He has seizures infrequently, like once or twice a year, but just acts weird sometimes. Still he's as much fun as any other cat. Loves his catnip and chases the laser pointer.

Submissions: 6

Posted on Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:49 pm

I'm definately a cat person. Love my cat Deedee that does summersaults:

Love lazy-ass Dexter that either sleeps, eats, sleeps at the neighbour's or eats at the neighbour's as well:

Submissions: 8

Posted on Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:59 pm

I like cats but we have an iguana, 2 sugar gliders(they stink), 40 rabbits, 10 guinea pigs, 3 cats, 2 pigeons, about 40 fish, and 22 chickens. I think we should get some parrots and budgies, but my sister wants a python.

many people mistake truth, which is rarely pure, for purity, which is rarely true

Submissions: 51

Posted on Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:27 pm

I put that I am more of a dog person, because my mom is allergic to cats. I love petting and playing with cats, but I could never own one, for few cats would have enough patience to be in the same house as me for more than 3 days.

This is my dog Sally. She is a standard salt and pepper schnauzer, and the most patient animal I have ever met. She begs alot, but her tolerance and ability to spend 12 hours alone when neccesary makes up for that.

This is Louie, quite possibly the evilest creature I have ever met. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad No matter how much attention is given to him, he bites and draws blood half the times. He has been evil since he was 6 months old, and every night when we used to cover his cage to keep out the light, he'd hiss a sour thankyou. I'm glad my step siblings kept him.
I also have 3 koi fish, which are the smartest fish I have ever seen, and a betta fish, who will stare out of his bowl at my dinner plate every evening until I finish eating.

Dart

It's never too early to be listening to your car while you are sittin' in Rod Ryan!

YMBAMI your dog is the only one on the block who can't swim, but he's a heck of a diver though
-Dragorlad

Submissions: 95

Posted on Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:06 pm

I didn't vote, I like all kinds of animals. Whether it has fur, feathers, or scales. My family's pet is a Siberian husky. My brother, however, has three tarantulas and half a dozen other miscellaneous spiders.

Insistence is futile.

We are the Quartz, lower your shovels and surrender your rocks. We will add your gemological and mineralogical distinctiveness to our own. You will adapt to service us. Resistance is rutile.

Deviant Art
Handmaden Designs LLC Facebook
Handmade Artists Shop
https://twitter.com/HandmadenDesign
http://pinterest.com/handmadendesign/
http://handmadendesigns.com

Submissions: 72

Posted on Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:25 pm

I love cats, even though I'm allergic to them. We don't have any now, (apartment life=Feces) but I will when I have my own place. One kind of cat I really want breed will be a Maine Coon/Polydactyl mix. Main Coons are just huge and cool, and Polydactyls are soooo smart, so a combo should be awesomecatness.

Growing up, we lived mostly in the country, and cats were everywhere. Throughout my life, we've had at LEAST 22 cats come and go.

Linux fortune: There are many intelligent species in the universe. They all own cats.

Mical. Coif Smiley

Submissions: 0

Posted on Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:55 pm

I have a lizard, a green anole to be exact. I got him from a friend about a year and a half ago when he was moving to a place where he couldn't keep him. I originally had two, but one died from a weird disease on the skin... Crying (very sad)

Then, I named the remaining one Headshot, due to his ability to jump on people faces from up to 3 feet away. He's only about 4 inches long and I'm suprised at how far he can jump if he wants. I don't have a picture of him, I did but I can't find it...

And my brothers have a hamster and two rats, they are the cutest things, all squeaky and such Very Happy .

-Dustin

This space for rent.

Submissions: 3

Posted on Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:01 pm

My zoo has seriously shrank. At one time I had 2 green iguanas, 5 bearded dragons, 5 veiled chameleons, 3 chinese water dragons, a brooks gecko, a green anole, a 5' corn snake, a 3' ball python, a rose hair tarantula, 4 ferrets, 4 cats, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Now I'm down to 3 cats and like it that way. BTW all of the above was before I discovered the glory that is chainmaille.

Submissions: 5

Posted on Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:00 pm

My pliers are my loyal and reliable pets.

*throws crackers to pliers*

Submissions: 88

Posted on Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:15 am

Whoa, who went digging around in the graveyard? I thought this thread was long deceased! Laughing

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 2. Goto page 1, 2  Next