Pet peeve...
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Admin Discussion

Submissions: 27

Posted on Sat Jan 01, 2000 5:00 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

[vent]
Grrr, darn people with power doing other peoples jobs!

I'm not trying to be precious or anything (pants on fire), but I can do my job - in case people havn't noticed. I have been approving gallery pictures (if they merit it), and I get awfully miffed when I get 5 emails saying there are things to be approved, and then I go to my mail and see them already done, within 16 hours of my recieving the emails.

Also remember, I'm on the other side of the world to America, and there's a time difference! Sometimes it's going to work in the submitter's favour, somtimes against.

If I am going to be out of action, I'll ask for people to pick things up for me, otherwise, please leave them alone, unless you see something that's been there for 3 days or something!

I don't touch other people's areas of administration, and as the Golden Rule goes... yada yada...

(I'm tired, grumpy, hungry, feeling squashed and redundant *grumble*)

[/vent]

Hmm, this little outburst shows me that I need to get a hold of other things in my life as well... Don't mind me - I'm a wacky Australian Razz

Time is your enemy,
Time is your friend,
Time is the mystery,
Time is the end.

We are the Queen of Typographical Errors! You must all bow to Our Ineptitude!

"How the hell is a person supposed to take over a plane with a pair of pliers? *grabs pilot and holds pliers to neck* 'Take the plane to wherever I say or I pinch the pilot, I MEAN IT!!'"

Submissions: 93

"Don't blame me, *I* didn't do it!" Wink

Actually, I didn't, but this is an important point.

So then we *are* reserving approval functions for individual admins? As per the other thread, I think this is still unclear to everyone. Perhaps we should use this thread to have a dialogue on the matter.

I don't think it much matters which way we do it, but we should pick one or the other so peeves don't get petted any more. Very Happy I will say that if we decide to make approvals an exclusive province for any one section, there should probably be multiple admins who can deal with each, just in case someone isn't around for a while...

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."

— George Bernard Shaw

Maille Code V1.0 T5.7 R5.1 Fhd MCu Wc Cd G2.03/.56 I9.75/3.25 Pn Dacdjs S97 CCi

Submissions: 24

whoops, that was probably me..sorry 'bout that. I think it's a generally nice thing that if there's stuff in the queue, and it doesn't belong to you, just wait a couple of days to see if the admin logs in. if they don't, and you know that the thing should be approved then I'd say go ahead. sometimes I just don't get on too often and go approving stuff cos I don'tknow how long it's been in queue.

I thought that's what the whole date submitted thing was for Razz

Time is your enemy,
Time is your friend,
Time is the mystery,
Time is the end.

"How the hell is a person supposed to take over a plane with a pair of pliers? *grabs pilot and holds pliers to neck* 'Take the plane to wherever I say or I pinch the pilot, I MEAN IT!!'"

Submissions: 5

It's probobly my fault...the gallery is/was my baby, and people got used to me not being here every day and picking up my slack.

But yeah, for everybody...we've all got our jobs, and unless somebody's _really_ slacking off, hands off Uber

Live, Love, Learn!
-Woody NaDobhar

Submissions: 568

I approve anything that's approvable except weaves.

Chainmailbasket.com (2019-01-01) - 376 + 79

Posted on Fri Apr 04, 2003 3:01 am

As part of my small stable of subtle revamps to the Gallery, I'm holding back gallery submissions that don't have details on what the item is made of. If you notice, I approve just about everything that has a decent amount of detail in the description - the only ones I don't approve immediately are those with just a basic desc - such as "My first handflower." That can be determined from just looking at the picture itself - the description is meant for the details that you can't visually determine.

At a minimum, I'd like to have metal used, weave used, and for more detail, wire gauge, ring id/aspect ratio, any other items used in the construction, eg beads etc.

I notify every submitter about the items that I don't automatically approve, with suggestions to add. After all, what's the point of having a Gallery which needs approval if items just get approved left right and centre without a thought for detail and consistency? I'm just trying to do my job as best as I can.

Time is your enemy,
Time is your friend,
Time is the mystery,
Time is the end.

Submissions: 59

Posted on Fri Apr 04, 2003 3:15 am

You sound like you need a hug.
Well........

*hug*

Feel better yet?

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1